This Grilled Lemon Cilantro Shrimp Recipe is filled with perfectly seasoned shrimp that are grilled up in minutes for a light and fresh Summer dinner.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner, this is definitely the one! I love cooking with shrimp because it’s quick to defrost (just run under cold water), cooks up in minutes, is light in calories and tastes AMAZING with this simple marinade.
Grilled Lemon Cilantro Shrimp Recipe:
- Start by combining the shrimp, some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir to coat. Place in fridge for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If using wooden skewers on the grill, make sure to soak the skewers in water for at least 10 to 15 minutes so they don’t go up in smoke.
- Thread the shrimp on the skewers and grill over low heat until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
How To Grill Shrimp:
Shrimp is one of those seafoods that can go from amazing to rubber in a flash. Don’t worry, I’ve got some tips to make sure you end up with GREAT results every time!
- Thread each shrimp through the skewers twice so it can lay flat on the grill.
- Shrimp will cook really fast, so you’ll want to keep the grill on low for this recipe.
- The shrimp will go from a dull gray color to a light pink/orange (depending on the type of shrimp).
- You really only need 2 to 3 minutes per side (depending on how big your shrimp are).
- The shrimp will curl in on itself and be tender, not tough.
Grilled Shrimp Marinade
This shrimp marinade recipe is super simple and requires just a few ingredients –
- Olive Oil – I prefer extra virgin olive oil for the taste, and it helps to prevent burning when the shrimp is grilled.
- Lemon Juice – just enough to season, but not cook the shrimp!
- Garlic – you can use garlic powder in a pinch, but fresh garlic is fantastic.
- Cilantro – freshly chopped cilantro adds so much flavor and color to this recipe.
What To Serve With Grilled Shrimp Recipe:
We love to serve this family style over a bed of white rice, but you can also serve them on the skewers with these delicious sides…
Make sure you serve with extra slices of lemon and a little more freshly chopped cilantro!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Grilled Lemon Cilantro Shrimp
- 1 pound peeled, deviened LARGE shrimp (tails on); raw
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to evenly coat. Let sit, covered, in fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- While the shrimp is marinating, soak wooden skewers in water until ready to add shrimp. Get your grill hot and wipe down the grill slats with olive oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Thread the shrimp onto the wooden skewers. Turn the grill down to low and grill for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve while hot. Top with extra cilantro and lemon wedges if desired. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: