These Tender Grilled Shrimp Burgers are loaded with flavor, plump shrimp and will seriously steal your heart. They’re absolutely perfect for kicking off grilling season!
I’m super excited to announce my newest partnership with Thomas’ Breads! I’ve long been a fan of their English Muffins and Bagels, so I am thrilled to be partnering with them this year!
I love grilling season. When it’s warm outside it’s the perfect time to crank up the grill and enjoy the sunshine. These burgers make it feel like you’re dining at an upscale country club, when really, you’re just chilling in your backyard.
The base of the shrimp burger patty starts with an English muffin! Just pulse the bread in your food processor until there are only fine crumbs left.
Then you’ll add in half of the shrimp, lots of herbs and spices and pulse it a few more times until it all comes together.
Place the mixture in a bowl with the other half of the shrimp and stir to combine. This way there is literally shrimp in every bite.
It is to. die. for.
Shape the mixture into patties and let them chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge. This will make them easier to handle on the grill.
I’m telling you guys, if you love shrimp, you will love these tender shrimp burgers.
The best part is when they are served on a crispy and toasty English muffin. The plump and tender shrimp and the crisp English muffin are a match made in heaven!
Don’t forget to make that sauce too. It’s filled with lemon, garlic and green onions, which really make that shrimp burger shine!
Tender Grilled Shrimp Burgers
- 5 Thomas’ English Muffins, divided
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and tails removed, roughly chopped
- 1 egg white
- 5 green onions, divided
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice of
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/3- cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2- cup mayo
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- Optional Burger toppings: Sliced purple onion Sliced tomato Arugula or baby spinach
- In the bowl of your food processor tear up one English muffin and pulse several times until very fine crumbs form.
- Add half of the shrimp (reserving the other half for later), the egg white, the white parts of the green onions (reserving the green parts for later), cilantro, the zest of the lemon, Old Bay Seasoning, 1 tsp garlic powder and salt and pepper. Pulse until the mixture becomes thick and paste-like.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl along with the remaining shrimp and panko breadcrumbs, stir to combine. Shape the mixture into 4 patties and place on a parchment lined plate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and be sure to brush grates with olive oil to prevent sticking. Carefully place the patties on the grill and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove from grill and keep covered until ready to serve.
- To prepare the lemon sauce combine the mayo with the juice of the lemon, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp celery salt and 1/3 cup of diced green onions. Stir to combine.
- Toast the reserved English Muffins until crisp and slather each side with the sauce. Top with the shrimp burger and any optional toppings you desire.
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Thomas’ Breads. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.