Get ready for the ultimate breakfast on-the-go with this CopyCat California A.M. Crunchwrap. It’s stuffed with fluffy eggs, melted cheese, crispy hash browns, smoky bacon, creamy California avocado and fresh pico de gallo all wrapped up in a tortilla and grilled to perfection.
A few weeks ago my brother-in-law came to me and told me all about Taco Bell’s new breakfast line up. Being a long time fan of the establishment, I immediately wanted to try it. He asked if I could make him some of these breakfast wraps and seeing as I had tons of California avocados to use up, I was more than happy to give it a try.
Oh my heavens you guys!! This is the most glorious way to eat a hearty breakfast on the go!
It’s also super easy to throw together! My kids scarfed these down like there was no tomorrow, then promptly asked me to make them again for dinner.
How could I say no to that?!
You’ll want to start by making sure you have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go. Scramble up some eggs, fry some bacon and bake your frozen hash brown patties to crispy golden perfection.
First lay down a layer of cheese on a large tortilla. Get the largest tortillas you can find!
Next place a hash brown patty on top, followed by the scramble eggs and a strip of crumbled up bacon.
Mash up some California avocado with a fork and spread it on top.
Follow the avocado with some pico de gallo. Next you’re going to fold the tortilla in a wheel pattern up and around the filling, closing it all in there.
Heat two large heavy bottomed skillets over medium heat then lay the crunchwrap in the skillet and place the bottom of the other hot skillet on top, pressing it down.
I used my Lodge cast iron skillets, and if you look closely enough you can see that it’s engraved the symbol in the tortilla! ha!
These were so easy and so delicious, that I can totally see myself making these all the time!
The crunchy hash browns with the creamy avocado and smoky bacon are a match made in heaven!
You’re definitely going to want to get your hands around this one!
CopyCat California A.M. Crunchwrap
- 4 hasbrown patties, frozen
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cut bacon, strips of thick (cooked until crisp, then crumbled)
- 2 California avocados, ripe (peel and pits removed)
- 4 tablespoons pico de gallo
- Cook hash brown patties according to package instructions, until crispy.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Cook the eggs in a large skillet, stirring occasionally until the eggs are scrambled. Remove from skillet.
- Heat two heavy bottomed skillets on the stove top over medium heat. (Make sure one skillet is slightly smaller than the other so it can sit inside of the larger skillet)
- Lay out the tortillas and divide the cheese in the center of each tortilla, followed by a crispy hash brown patty. Divide the eggs among the tortillas top with the crumbled bacon. Spread the avocado over top the bacon followed by the pico de gallo.
- Fold up the tortillas in a wheel pattern up and around the filling, enclosing it completely. Place the wrap seam side up in the larger hot skillet and use the smaller skillet to rest on top of the wrap. Let sit for about 20 seconds, then check. If it needs to brown more place the smaller skillet back on top. Enjoy promptly.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with California Avocados, however all thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
You may also enjoy: