This super easy Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe is just a handful of ingredients and ready in less than 25 minutes!
This simple recipe takes asparagus to new levels with a simple seasoning and wrapping it up in bacon for a smoky delicious taste.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe:
- Start by trimming your asparagus on the bottom of each stalk to remove any woody parts.
- Drizzle the asparagus with just a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cut 5 strips of thick cut bacon down the center, giving you 10 skinny strips of bacon.
- Wrap three stalks of asparagus with a strip of bacon and place on a rack placed inside a baking sheet.
How To Grill Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
If the weather is nice enough outside, grilling your asparagus spears would be an excellent option!
- Prepare the asparagus and bacon as described in the recipe below and preheat the grill.
- Make sure to spray the grill down with non-stick spray before grilling the asparagus so it does not stick.
- Grill over medium-high heat, turning at least once, until the bacon is cooked crisp.
How Do You Know When Asparagus Goes Bad?
When picking out your asparagus from the store, make sure you pick spears that are similar in thickness and also firm. You’ll know asparagus is bad when:
- The tips will start to go bad first, they’ll turn a darker color and get flimsy.
- If you can squeeze the asparagus tips and they turn mushy, you know it is bad.
- Keep asparagus stored in the fridge and use promptly for best results.
- Make sure to rinse the asparagus to remove any dirt or grit before cooking.
What Meat to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Asparagus:
The simple flavors of this easy side dish make it pair perfectly with just about any beef, chicken or seafood. Try these simple main dish recipes to go along with this Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe.
- 10 Minute Broiled Lobster Recipe
- Parmesan Crusted Steaks
- Honey Dijon Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Skillet
I know you’re going to love this super simple recipe!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top. Lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Drizzle the asparagus spears with the olive oil and season with the garlic salt and black pepper.
- Cut the bacon strips in half, lengthwise, giving you 10 long strips. Bundle three asparagus spears together and wrap the bacon around the asparagus, being careful not to overlap the bacon.
- Place the asparagus on the rack of the baking sheet and bake for 18 to 23 minutes, turning once half way, until the bacon is cooked through.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: