If you’re looking for a fancy, yet super easy vegetable side dish, these Bacon Wrapped Green Beans are it!
I love green beans so much! They’re a vegetable that my kids never fight me on, and they’re available almost all year long.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
Fresh green beans are tossed with butter, brown sugar and garlic, then wrapped in bacon and baked until the beans are tender and bacon is crisp.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make these Bacon Wrapped Green Bean bundles. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Green Beans – use fresh green beans for this recipe
- Bacon – avoid using thick cut bacon as it takes longer to cook through
- Butter – salted butter is best
- Brown Sugar
- Garlic Salt
- Black Pepper
- Parsley – for garnish
How To Make Green Bean Bundles
Let’s make these green bean and bacon bundles! It’s super easy and the flavor is out of this world… I mean, you can’t beat bacon!
PREP GREEN BEANS
Start by trimming your green beans and then placing them in a pot of salted boiling water. Let them simmer for just 2 to 3 minutes, then immediately dunk them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
Drain from the ice water and pat the green beans dry with paper towels.
SEASON GREEN BEANS
Toss the blanched green beans in melted butter, brown sugar, garlic salt and black pepper until they’re evenly coated.
WRAP WITH BACON
Cut the bacon strips in half and then bundle about 8 to 10 green beans together, wrapping the bacon around the middle and securing with a toothpick.
BAKE GREEN BEAN BUNDLES
Once all the green beans are wrapped with bacon, place them on a rack in a baking sheet so they are elevated and not touching the bottom of the pan.
This will allow the bacon to get crisp on all sides as it bakes.
Bake the green beans for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is crisp and the green beans are tender.
PRO TIP: Try turning on the top broiler right at the end to give the bacon a little more crisp. Just use caution that they don’t burn!
The sweet brown sugar and salty bacon give these little veggie bundles the perfect touch.
They’re perfect for pairing with any sort of protein to complete your meal.
What To Serve with Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
The nice thing about these green bean bundles is that they pair perfectly well with just about any main dish. Here are a few suggestions for you to get the juices flowin…
- Grilled Skirt Steak
- Lemon Garlic Pork Tenderloin
- Quick and Easy Shrimp Scampi
- The Best Meatloaf Recipe
Make Ahead & Storage
How To Prepare Ahead
You can easily prepare these bacon wrapped green beans ahead of time by blanching the green beans, seasoning and wrapping with bacon.
Place the green beans in an air tight container in the fridge up to 48 hours and then bake according to the recipe.
Once the green beans have been baked, let them cool to room temperature and then place in an air tight container in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
REHEAT in an air fryer at 375 degrees for just 5 to 7 minutes to get the bacon nice and crisp again!
More Green Bean Recipes
We love green beans around here, and I’m sure you do too. Here are a few more delicious and easy green bean recipes for you to try…
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Classic Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet and Spicy Green Beans
- Southern Green Beans with Bacon and Almonds
- Green Bean Chicken Stir Fry
I can’t wait for you to give this delicious green bean recipe a try. I know you’re going to love it as much as we do!
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place an oven-safe cooling rack on top. Lightly coat with non-stick spray.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and place green beans in for 2 to 3 minutes, just until tender. Remove from boiling water and immediately dunk in ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain from ice water and pat the green beans dry with paper towels.
- Place green beans in a bowl and add in the melted butter, brown sugar, garlic salt and black pepper. Toss to coat the green beans evenly.
- Cut the bacon strips in half, giving you 12 smaller strips. Bundle 8 to 10 green beans together and wrap the bacon around the middle, securing with a toothpick.
- Place the green bean bundles on the rack of the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: