This Super Quick Shrimp Scampi Recipe is simmered in a buttery lemon and garlic sauce and ready in under 15 minutes.
Use shrimp scampi to top freshly cooked pasta, rice or spiralized veggies for an easy weeknight dinner.
I’m back again with this easy weeknight dinner! This time I’m teaming up with Land O’Lakes to share another quick-cooking recipe using Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. If you haven’t tried it yet, now is the time!
Quick Shrimp Scampi Recipe
One of my favorite proteins to work with is shrimp, because it’s so quick to cook. This recipe is no different.
Since shrimp only take a few minutes to fully cook, you want to be cautious to not overcook the shrimp, as they can become rubbery and tough to chew.
Grab these ingredients and have everything prepped and ready to go. You don’t want to be trying to find a lemon while the shrimp are cooking away- it goes so fast!
- Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt – I love the combination of olive oil with the butter. The butter doesn’t brown too quickly over high heat.
- Large Uncooked Shrimp – you can leave the tails on or take them off
- Salt and Pepper
- Chicken Broth – or you can use white wine if desired
- Lemon Juice
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Freshly Chopped Parsley
If you’re planning to serve over freshly cooked pasta, I would recommend a quick-cooking pasta like angel hair.
PRO TIP: Get the pasta started before you cook the shrimp. You can toss the pasta right into the skillet of buttery shrimp scampi as soon as it’s done.
How To Make Shrimp Scampi
Start by tossing a couple tablespoons of Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt into a hot skillet, then add in the garlic and cook, until fragrant.
Next add in the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook on one side, for just a few minutes, until the shrimp are lightly browned and start to curl in on themselves.
Flip the shrimp over and add in the chicken broth, lemon juice and red pepper flakes. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until the shrimp are fully cooked.
Finally, add in one more tablespoon of Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and let it melt into the sauce. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh parsley.
What To Serve With Shrimp Scampi
Besides serving over freshly cooked pasta, which I mentioned earlier, this delicious Shrimp Scampi is also great over rice, spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles (for a low-carb option).
Here are some great sides to make this dish a complete meal…
Can you believe how easy this Super Quick Scampi Recipe is??
More Shrimp Recipes To Try
Check out these quick-cooking shrimp recipes too!
- Shrimp Fried Rice
- Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- Grilled Lemon Cilantro Shrimp
- Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- Shrimp Taco Bites
You’re going to love how quickly this recipe comes together!
Quick Shrimp Scampi Recipe
- Make sure you have all ingredients prepped and ready to go before cooking!
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt in 2 tbsp of Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, then toss in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add in uncooked shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Let cook about 2 to 3 minutes on one side, then flip and continue cooking an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, lemon juice and red pepper flakes and bring to a small simmer.
- Add in the remaining 1 tbsp butter and cook just until the shrimp is fully cooked. DO NOT OVER COOK!
- Remove from heat and stir in the chopped parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: