Shrimp Pesto Pasta is a super quick weeknight dinner that’s filled with buttery zucchini, tender shrimp and hot pasta that’s tossed in a homemade pesto sauce.
Shrimp Pesto Pasta is a recipe that’s been on my site for almost 7 years, but hasn’t gotten much attention because the photos were less than desirable.
I love bringing old recipes to life with beautiful photographs. It will finally give this easy pasta dish it’s time to shine. Because let’s be real… this easy dinner has it going on!
I think what I love most about this dish is that it’s filled with all the flavors of summer. I start with fresh zucchini that’s cut into sticks and sautéed in melted butter and garlic until it’s nice and tender.
Toss in a bunch of large shrimp and cook until no longer pink. You can remove the tails of the shrimp for easy eating, but I just love how you have to eat this dish with a fork and your hands. It feels so rustic and fun.
Once the pasta is cooked you’ll add some hot angel hair pasta right to the skillet.
The original recipe called for cooked ramen noodles, which would also work, but I think an angel hair pasta that’s just slightly al dente, is perfection.
Remember that Fresh Basil Pesto Sauce I shared with you the other day?
Drop a gorgeous amount of that fresh pesto in with the pasta and give it all a nice toss to evenly coat.
It doesn’t get much easier than that, right?!
We make this pasta All. The. Time. and it NEVER gets old!
Here’s some more fun ways to serve this Shrimp Pesto Pasta:
- Add more color to the dish by sautéing 1/2 red bell pepper with the zucchini
- Substitute chicken for the shrimp
- Use any type of pasta you’d like, just make sure it’s cooked al dente and not too soft
- Sprinkle a few toasted pine nuts on top for garnish
I’m positive you’re going to love this simple and easy pasta dinner!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Shrimp Pesto Pasta
- 8 oz. Angel Hair pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into matchstick size
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound large uncooked shrimp, peeled
- 2 tbsp fresh basil pesto
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with a tiny bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- In a large pan, melt butter. Add garlic and zucchini, saute for 4 minutes. Move to one side of pan.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper then add to pan and cook 2 minutes on each side. Add the hot noodles and fresh pesto directly to pan and toss with tongs to evenly combine. Top with fresh Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Originally published 8/13/2010. Updated photos on 7/7/2017.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!