Welcome to my “Dinner en Green” dinner party! The main course for tonight is this gorgeous Avocado Pesto Pasta!
Have you heard of those fancy “Dinner en Blanc” dinner parties where everyone dresses up in white and enjoys an elegant meal?
Well, the California Avocado Commission thought it would be fun to put a green spin on it, and boy was it fun!
I decked my table out in greens and whites (because I love bright whites), and got ready for an epic dinner party.
I know I’ve invited you into my kitchen before, but now you get a sneak peek into my dining room and just a little bit of my living room!
I have an open concept living room/dining room/kitchen, so you can see it all in a quick 360.
Do you just love this table setting or what?! I love my large farmhouse table. I don’t get to set the table very often because my kids love to eat at the bar on our kitchen island, so this dinner party was extra fun for me.
It was actually super easy to pull this look together. Just a few cloth napkins, fresh flowers and lots of good food.
Speaking of food, let’s get back to that Avocado Pesto Pasta!
This super simple pasta dish comes together crazy fast. Just combine all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and bring it all together with just a few whirls.
This dish screams SUMMER! Fresh basil, fresh and creamy California Avocados and fresh garden tomatoes to top it off.
It’s so flavorful and delicious- My husband especially loved how creamy the avocados made the dish!
Toss some hot pasta with the fresh avocado pesto and then add in those juicy tomatoes!
I like to give the top a nice sprinkle of parmesan cheese. It reminds me of the fancy Italian restaurants.
Your guests/family/tastebuds will definitely feel like they’ve stepped into a fancy Italian restaurant once they taste this pasta!
Give this fresh and tasty Avocado Pesto Pasta a whirl tonight!
Thanks for stopping by my dinner party!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles, uncooked
- 2 large California Avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups basil leaves, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic, fresh
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook noodles until tender. Reserve 1 cup pasta water and drain the rest.
- While pasta is boiling prepare the pesto by adding the avocados, basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, lemon juice and salt in a food processor. Blend the mixture, then slowly stream in the olive oil while still blending. Scrap down sides and pulse again until mixture is combined. Season to taste with more salt if needed.
- Toss the pesto with the hot pasta, add a little pasta water to thin if sauce is too thick. Toss in the tomatoes and enjoy hot with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with California Avocado Commission. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible!