This super quick Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe is filled with plump tortellini and tossed in a zingy Italian dressing, making it perfect for a summer side dish!
If there’s one thing I love about potlucks, it’s the assortment of salads and side dishes. I’m always drawn to the pasta salads, especially the ones filled with loads of goodies like cubed cheese, crisp cucumber and bell peppers, sliced salami and cheese filled tortellini!
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe:
- Simply combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour in the Italian Salad Dressing and toss to combine.
- Keep pasta salad chilled and covered until ready to serve.
What I love so much about this pasta salad recipe is how QUICK it all comes together.
Tips For Making Tortellini Salad:
- Using a FRESH tortellini pasta (found in the refrigerated section, typically near the produce) will make this recipe come together super fast, but dried tortellini can also be used.
- Be careful not to overcook the tortellini or they’ll want to fall apart in the salad.
- Once the tortellini are cooked, drain them in a colander and run cold water over them until cooled.
- You can use Tri-Color tortellini if desired as well!
Salad Dressing For Pasta Salad
In this recipe I chose to use my favorite bottled Italian Pasta Salad because I wanted a pasta salad that could be made in 15 minutes. If you’re wanting to make your salad dressing from scratch, check out these dressing options for inspiration!
More Tortellini Recipes:
I love the plump, cheese-filled tortellini pasta because it’s easy to add to many recipes and my kids love them too. Here are a few more of my favorite tortellini recipes.
- Meat Lover’s Tortellini Skillet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Creamy Sausage Tortellini Skillet
- Greek Spinach Tortellini Salad
Last Minute Pasta Salad Recipe!
One of my all time favorite things about this salad is how QUICK it comes together. Seriously, all you need is 15 minutes and you’re out the door with a delicious pasta salad that everyone will LOVE.
Can You Make This Pasta Salad Ahead of Time? – Yes! You can make this salad up to a day in advance. I think the flavors have a chance to deepen when it’s been sitting in the fridge for a few hours.
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe
Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1 lb. tortellini pasta, cooked until tender and drained under cool water.
- 1 ½ cups thick sliced english cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 6oz can black olives, sliced and drained
- 1/2 cup diced purple onion
- 1 cup sliced salami, chopped
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- Combine the cooked tortellini pasta, cucumber, bell pepper, olives, onion, salami and cubed cheese in a large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing and toss to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: