This Creamy Tortellini Sausage Skillet uses just 5 main ingredients and comes together in less than 30 minutes!
It’s a perfect easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will fall in love with.
I’m partnering with Buitoni to share this quick family-friendly dinner recipe using their Three Cheese Tortellini and incredible Alfredo Sauce.
You’re going to be blown away by how tasty this recipe is!
Creamy Tortellini Sausage Skillet
One pan dinners are my go-to for busy weeknights and this recipe checks all the boxes.
Plump, cheese filled tortellini, hearty sausage, creamy Alfredo sauce and nutritious kale come together in mere minutes. Top with some freshly grated parmesan cheese for a nice finishing touch.
All you need is 5 main ingredients to create this unforgettable weeknight dinner. As always, you can find the full printable recipe in the card below.
- Mild Italian Sausage – try hot sausage for an extra kick of heat!
- Chicken Broth – low sodium
- Buitoni Alfredo Sauce – found near the refrigerated pastas
- Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- Curly Leaf Kale
How To Make Creamy Tortellini Sausage Skillet
Like I mentioned earlier, we’re cooking everything in just ONE PAN, so make sure you start with a large one (with a lid).
MAKE SAUSAGE BALLS Roll the sausage into tiny balls, about 1/2″. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add just a little bit of oil to the pan. Sear the meatballs on all sides until browned.
ADD SAUCE Pour in the chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour in the Buitoni Alfredo Sauce as well as the Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini and stir everything together. Bring the mixture to a simmer, then cover and cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
STIR IN KALE As soon as the tortellini are plump and tender, stir in the chopped kale and let it wilt into the sauce. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese if desired!
That’s it! How quick and easy is that?!
I’m telling you, my family gobbles this cozy dinner up every time.
What To Serve as a Side
When it comes to this one pan meal, we love to pair it with a side of crusty bread or a quick Caesar Salad. Here are some more easy side dish options for you to try…
- Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead Of Time?
Since this recipe comes together so quickly, I do not recommend making it in advance. However, there are a few things you can do to prep the recipe ahead of time and streamline the cooking process.
- Roll the sausage balls ahead of time and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Prepare the chopped kale ahead of time and have it ready to go.
The Buitoni Alfredo Sauce and Three Cheese Tortellini are fresh and ready to go, making it a breeze to get the whole meal on the table in under 30 minutes.
Honestly – I have tested a lot of pre-made, store bought Alfredo sauces in my life and I have NEVER tasted one as good as Buitoni. It’s miles above the rest.
More Tortellini Recipes
If you’re looking for more quick and easy recipes that use tortellini, you’re in luck. I happen to have some of the very best on my site!
- Olive Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Italian Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Meat Lover’s Tortellini Skillet
- Greek Spinach Tortellini Salad
I can’t wait for you to try this yummy recipe! I know you’re going to love it!
Creamy Tortellini Sausage Skillet
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage, mild
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 15 oz Buitoni Alfredo Sauce
- 20 oz Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- 3 cups Kale, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- parmesan cheese, optional
- Roll sausage into 1/2" balls. Heat oil in a large skillet (with fitted lid) over medium-high heat. Sear sausage balls on all sides, until browned. NOTE: sausage might not be cooked all the way through at this point, but will finish cooking with pasta.
- Pour in the chicken broth and scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add in the Buitoni Alfredo sauce and Three Cheese Tortellini. Stir to combine, bring mixture to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes, or until pasta is plump and tender.
- Add in the kale and stir until it wilts slightly and is mixed throughout, about 2 minutes. Top with grated parmesan cheese if desired. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Loved this recipe. Super easy to make. My husband doesn’t like kale, so I used spinach. I also put a couple pinches of crushed red pepper flake to give it a little heat, but not too much. It’s a keeper.
I love this recipe! Super easy and delicious! I swapped out for spinach and added a can of diced italian tomatoes. This is a regular on our meal menu!
This recipe was so incredibly easy to make and delicious! It took very little time to put together. The alfredo sauce was light and not overpowering at all. The only modification I made was switching the kale for spinach. DELICIOUS! Can’t wait to make again!
Making this tonight. I think I’ll use spinach instead also. Can’t wait.
Made this for our family of seven. I swapped the kale for spinach. It was so simple, absolutely delicious, and was a crowd pleaser (even with the kids)! Will definitely be making it again. Thanks for recipe!
This Creamy Tortellini Sausage Skillet was super easy and very delicious! I used chopped spinach instead of Kale because my family hates Kale (eyeroll)! I also used wild game italian sausage. It was great! Unfortunately NO leftovers!! Thx for the recipe!
Again I have to ask a site how can I get this recipe emailed to me. You have recipes that seem to be made specifically for food I love! Thank you and I anxiously wait to hear from you.