This Garlic Mushrooms Recipe is a quick and easy side dish that’s ready in 15 minutes or less! Perfect for an easy (and romantic) side dish.
I often pick up a big package of mushrooms at Costco and will have enough to make two or three batches of these tasty, buttery mushrooms.
How To Make Garlic Mushrooms
- Start by cleaning your mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt or debris. Trim the ends of the stems if desired.
- Heat butter in a large skillet until melted, then toss in some diced onion and sauté until softened.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until they soften.
- Deglaze the pan with some white wine (or chicken broth), scraping any brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Toss in the garlic and parsley and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
What Type Of Mushrooms To Use?
For this recipe you can use either white button mushrooms or Cremini mushrooms. Cremini mushrooms are pictured above and are sometimes referred to as baby bellas.
What Type of Wine To Use?
I am not a wine drinker, but I always have a good quality dry white wine, such as Pinot Gris, Chardonnay or Sauv Blanc on hand to add the flavor of sauces when cooking. You could also use a white cooking wine, or if you prefer to not use wine, you could also use a few splashes of chicken or vegetable broth in it’s place.
When you’re cooking the mushrooms you’ll notice that at first they’ll start to absorb the butter like little sponges. Once the mushrooms begin to cook, they’ll become softer and once again release their juices and you’ll be left with buttery mushrooms.
What To Serve With Garlic Mushrooms:
These mushrooms would make a great side dish with just about anything, but here are a few of my favorites (I’m thinking romantic Valentine’s Dinner at home?).
- Beef Tenderloin
- Mashed Potato Gnocchi
- Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
- Broiled Lobster Tails
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Garlic Mushrooms Recipe
This Garlic Mushrooms Recipe is a quick and easy side dish that’s ready in just 15 minutes or less!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 pound Cremini or White Button Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp dry white wine*
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt or debris. Trim the ends of the stems if desired.
- Heat the butter and extra virgin olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until golden brown around edges.
- Splash in the dry white wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, or until pan juices are reduced slightly.
- Add the garlic and 1 tbsp of the parsley to the pan and stir about 30 seconds, until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and stir. Garnish with the remaining parsley and serve warm. Enjoy!
* You can use a good quality white wine or chicken broth or vegetable broth to deglaze the pan.
Keywords: Garlic Mushrooms, White Button, Side Dish
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: