This Super Easy Taco Pizza has all the flavors you love in a taco, but turned into a family favorite pizza!
I might be a pizza snob. In fact, we just ordered a pizza oven for our backyard and I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can make pizza all the time. We love this Cheeseburger Pizza, Pretzel Pizza and this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza, but this Cheesy Taco Pizza is probably the most frequented in our house.
Super Easy Taco Pizza Recipe
For this quick weeknight recipe, you’ll need these ingredients…
- Pizza Dough – you can use my homemade pizza dough, or store bought pizza dough to make it even easier.
- Refried Beans – try my homemade version or warmed, canned refried beans will work too.
- Ground Beef
- Diced Onion
- Taco Seasoning – my homemade mix is perfect!
- Colby Jack Cheese – shredded
Taco Pizza Toppings
When it comes to the toppings of your taco pizza, the options are endless! Pile on your favorite taco toppings or try these options…
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream – place some sour cream in a squeeze bottle to easily top pizza!
- Diced Tomato
- Diced Avocado
- Sliced Black Olives
- Corn Chips
- Taco Sauce
How To Par-Bake Pizza Dough
I popped the dough into the oven for a few minutes to par-bake the dough.
“Par-baking” means to bake it partially.
This method allows the crust of the pizza to cook fully without burning or scorching any toppings.
Since the taco pizza toppings don’t really need anything more than being heated and cheese melted, it’s best to do the par-baking of the crust for this recipe.
Taco Pizza Tips and Variations
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy this recipe is. Here are some of my top tips and variations to ensure you have the best results.
- Make sure to par-bake the crust as instructed so your ingredients don’t get overcooked and dried out.
- Warm the beans before adding them to the pizza dough.
- Use a sheet of parchment paper under the pizza dough for easy removal.
- For the best results- shred your own cheese! Pre-shredded cheese tends to not have a nice melted texture.
- Don’t overload your pizza with toppings, it’ll make it difficult to pick up and eat.
More Taco Inspired Recipes To Try
You know I can’t quit coming up with new ways to eat a taco, so here are some of my favorites for you to try!
- Ground Beef Tacos – a classic with the BEST taco meat
- Cheesy Taco Sticks – the kids love this one too!
- Cheesy Taco Bombs
- Quick Taco Salad Recipe
- Cheesy Taco Rice Skillet – a 10 minute dinner!
When you’re done with this easy savory pizza, try my sweet Fruit Pizza Recipe with a sugar cookie crust for a fun pizza-inspired night!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Super Easy Taco Pizza
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- diced tomato
- diced avocado
- sliced black olives
- corn chips
- taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pizza dough and place pizza dough (and parchment paper) on top of a baking sheet or pizza pan. Par-bake the dough for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat, until no longer pink. Stir in the taco seasoning and cook an additional minute.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and top with the warmed refried beans and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle with cheese and taco meat. Return to oven for an additional 6 to 7 minutes, until pizza crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Top with any optional toppings you would like! Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: