This Super Easy Taco Pizza has all the flavors you love in a taco, but turned into a family favorite pizza!
You know I’m a fan of all things quick and easy, so when Pillsbury reached out to me about their all new Pillsbury’s Best Pizza Dough I was so excited! Their new pizza dough comes more ready than ever with a 12″ pizza dough that’s rolled up with parchment paper (which makes cooking and clean up so much easier)!
The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was how fresh the dough smelled! The dough was soft and tender and didn’t require any rolling out or stretching as it was already rolled up in parchment paper, ready to go. All I needed to do was unroll and place on my baking sheet!
I popped the dough into the oven for a few minutes to par-bake the dough. “Par-baking” means to bake it partially. This method allows the crust of the pizza to cook fully without burning or scorching any toppings.
Since the taco pizza toppings don’t really need anything more than being heated and cheese melted, it’s best to do the par-baking of the crust for this recipe.
There are two new types of Pillsbury Best Pizza Dough (which you can find in the refrigerated section, near all the other Pillsbury items), they now have Classic Pizza Dough (used in this recipe) and Thin Crust Pizza Dough!
Once the pizza was finished baking, the crust was chewy and crisp… just as you would hope for in any pizza!
My kids LOVE this pizza and so do I!
The base of this taco pizza is simply refried beans, cheese and taco meat. Add all your favorite taco toppings and make it your own!
Give the new Pillsbury Pizza Dough a try for your next pizza night… or taco Tuesday! 🙂
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Super Easy Taco Pizza
- 14.56 oz Pillsbury's Best Classic Pizza Dough
- 16 oz refried beans, warmed
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- diced tomato
- diced avocado
- sliced black olives
- corn chips
- taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pizza dough and place pizza dough (and parchment paper) on top of a baking sheet or pizza pan. Par-bake the dough for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat, until no longer pink. Stir in the taco seasoning and cook an additional minute.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and top with the warmed refried beans and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle with cheese and taco meat. Return to oven for an additional 6 to 7 minutes, until pizza crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Top with any optional toppings you would like! Enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: