This Super Easy Taco Pizza has all the flavors you love in a taco, but turned into a family favorite pizza!
This Super Easy Taco Pizza has been a long time family favorite. My kids constantly ask for this delicious creation and I’m happy to oblige.
I might be a pizza snob. In fact, we just ordered a pizza oven for our backyard and I can’t wait for it to arrive so I can make pizza all the time. We love this Cheeseburger Pizza, Pretzel Pizza and this Buffalo Ranch Chicken Pizza, but this Cheesy Taco Pizza is probably the most frequented in our house.
Super Easy Taco Pizza Recipe
For this quick weeknight recipe, you’ll need these ingredients…
- Pizza Dough – you can use my homemade pizza dough, or store bought pizza dough to make it even easier.
- Refried Beans – try my homemade version or warmed, canned refried beans will work too.
- Ground Beef
- Diced Onion
- Taco Seasoning – my homemade mix is perfect!
- Colby Jack Cheese – shredded
Taco Pizza Toppings
When it comes to the toppings of your taco pizza, the options are endless! Pile on your favorite taco toppings or try these options…
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream – place some sour cream in a squeeze bottle to easily top pizza!
- Diced Tomato
- Diced Avocado
- Sliced Black Olives
- Corn Chips
- Taco Sauce
How To Par-Bake Pizza Dough
I popped the dough into the oven for a few minutes to par-bake the dough.
“Par-baking” means to bake it partially.
This method allows the crust of the pizza to cook fully without burning or scorching any toppings.
Since the taco pizza toppings don’t really need anything more than being heated and cheese melted, it’s best to do the par-baking of the crust for this recipe.
The warm and creamy beans topped with seasoned taco meat and melty cheese make this Taco Pizza recipe an absolute dream. It’s like Mexican food meets Italian food in all the right ways.
Taco Pizza Tips and Variations
You’ll be pleasantly surprised at how quick and easy this recipe is. Here are some of my top tips and variations to ensure you have the best results.
- Make sure to par-bake the crust as instructed so your ingredients don’t get overcooked and dried out.
- Warm the beans before adding them to the pizza dough.
- Use a sheet of parchment paper under the pizza dough for easy removal.
- For the best results- shred your own cheese! Pre-shredded cheese tends to not have a nice melted texture.
- Don’t overload your pizza with toppings, it’ll make it difficult to pick up and eat.
More Taco Inspired Recipes To Try
You know I can’t quit coming up with new ways to eat a taco, so here are some of my favorites for you to try!
- Ground Beef Tacos – a classic with the BEST taco meat
- Cheesy Taco Sticks – the kids love this one too!
- Cheesy Taco Bombs
- Quick Taco Salad Recipe
- Cheesy Taco Rice Skillet – a 10 minute dinner!
When you’re done with this easy savory pizza, try my sweet Fruit Pizza Recipe with a sugar cookie crust for a fun pizza-inspired night!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Super Easy Taco Pizza
- 14 oz Pizza Dough
- 16 oz refried beans, warmed
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- diced tomato
- diced avocado
- sliced black olives
- corn chips
- taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Unroll pizza dough and place pizza dough (and parchment paper) on top of a baking sheet or pizza pan. Par-bake the dough for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile brown the ground beef and onion in a skillet over medium heat, until no longer pink. Stir in the taco seasoning and cook an additional minute.
- Remove pizza crust from oven and top with the warmed refried beans and smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle with cheese and taco meat. Return to oven for an additional 6 to 7 minutes, until pizza crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Top with any optional toppings you would like! Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Another awesome and easy recipe! Great idea to add Fritos! I used the Pillsbury Thin Pizza Crust and just shaped it to the round pizza pan. Cooked it just the way you said and it came out nice and crispy. Will definitely make it again.
Fantastic! So glad you enjoyed it!
Its a great recipe!. Only thing I do different is add diced bell peppers of all colors and top with green onions. Love the dang Fritos for that extra crunch.
Its also great for tossing in a deep freeze for another night minus the lettuce of course. you can add that later.
Cannot find this pizza dough anywhere. Even Pillsbury couldn’t tell me where it is sold. Where are you purchasing it?
I found mine at Kroger stores, but it could be that they’re not producing the pizza dough anymore. If that’s the case, you can definitely use their tube pizza dough or I have a great recipe for pizza dough here.
Delicious and easy to make!!!!
So glad you enjoyed it!
Can’t wait to try the new pizza dough!! We absolutely love Pillsbury Pie Crust, so hopefully the new product will be the same great quality.
Sounds good and easy! I’ll try it!