I’ve been dreaming of making this Cheeseburger Pizza for months! I’ve combined two of my favorites into one, out of this world party food!
Don’t reserve this pizza just for parties though, it’s also perfectly acceptable for any day of the week.
The day I first made this pizza, my husband was out on a bike ride and came home super hungry. Right as I pulled it out of the oven he walked through the garage door.
He looked at the pizza, looked at me, and said, “Pickles? …On a pizza?”
YES!! Not only does this pizza have all the goodness of your favorite cheeseburger, but it also has my absolute favorite sauce as the base… fry sauce!!
So my husband grabs that first slice of pizza, takes a bite and immediately responds with, “The pickles MAKE this pizza.”
He’s a man of few words, but I love the words he says. 😉
Spread your pizza dough out onto a lightly greased pizza pan or flat baking sheet. I brushed the edges with a little egg wash and sprinkled with sesame seeds to achieve that toasted sesame seed bun. Perfection.
The fry sauce is a must. It’s actually just ketchup, mayo and a touch of hot sauce mixed together. If you haven’t tried it yet, do it. It’s amazing.
Brown some hamburger with some onions and some special seasonings, then sprinkle that over the top.
Follow it up with some shredded cheese, a drizzle of ketchup and mustard and a few slices of dill pickles (trust me… it really makes this pizza!).
This Cheeseburger Pizza covers both cravings of pizza and burgers.
I love combining favorite dishes together, especially when they turn out SO AWESOME!
You can get creative with your toppings too. Add some sliced purple onion or some crispy bacon!
Either way you dress this one up, you’re going to LOVE IT!!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
For the Pizza Dough:
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 pizza crust yeast, 1/4 oz. pkg.
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup very warm water
- 3 tbsp oil
For the Pizza:
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 4 tbsp ketchup, divided
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 cups colby jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup dill pickle chips, (sliced )drained
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease a 12" pizza pan and set aside.
For the Pizza Dough:
- Combine 1 cup four, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add water and oil. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add in enough flour until a soft dough ball is formed. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead the dough, adding additional flour if need, until the dough is smooth and elastic (about 4 minutes). Press the dough out to fit the prepared pizza pan.
For the Pizza:
- Beat the egg with 1 tbsp water and brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash mixture. Sprinkle the edges with the sesame seeds.
- Brown the hamburger in a skillet over medium heat with the seasoned salt, black pepper and diced onion. Cook until no longer pink and drain any excess fat.
- Meanwhile combine the mayo, 2 1/2 tbsp ketchup and the hot sauce in a small dish and whisk until smooth. Spread this mixture over the base of the pizza dough with the back of a spoon. Top with the cooked ground beef.
- Spread the shredded cheese over the top. Drizzle the remaining ketchup and mustard over the top of the pizza, followed by the dill pickle chips.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Let cool slightly before slicing. Enjoy!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!