This Cheesy Pork and Rice Skillet is a complete meal, all made in just one skillet for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Pork and Rice is creamy, cheesy, and filled with plump pork, tender rice, and loads of veggies! It pairs well with my Homemade Rolls and a simple garden salad.
This quick pork chop recipe with cheesy rice is a family-friendly, kid-approved dinner.
Cheesy Pork And Rice Skillet
We’re using a boneless pork chop for this easy dinner recipe. If you know me, you know that I LOVE quick and easy One Skillet dinners like this one.
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this Cheesy Pork and Rice Skillet. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Pork Chops – boneless sirloin
- Garlic – cloves
- Rice – white, uncooked
- Italian Seasoning
- Chicken Broth – can be low sodium
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Frozen Veggies – like peas and carrots
How To Make Cheesy Pork and Rice Skillet
The best thing about this quick pork chop recipe is not only is it easy, but it can also serve as a side dish or a complete meal!
Cook The Pork
Heat a large skillet with olive oil. Add the pork, onions, and garlic and sauté until the pork is browned to a nice golden color and the onions and garlic and tender and fragrant.
Add Vegetables, Rice and Seasonings
Stir in a cup of frozen peas and carrots, uncooked rice, Italian seasoning, and chicken broth to the skillet.
Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for about 18 minutes occasionally stirring until the rice is cooked and tender.
Add Sour Cream and Cheese
Stir in the sour cream and cheese until combined. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with the lid for an additional 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
PRO TIP: Optionally, you can place the skillet (if oven safe) under the broiler for about 2 minutes until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Variations and Substitutions
Here are a few ways to customize this pork chop recipe. It’s so easy to adapt to fit to your needs and tastes.
- Swap out the pork for chicken for an equally delicious cheesy dinner!
- Add a couple of tablespoons of chopped green onion for a bit of added color and flavor.
- Want it spicy? Add a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes for a fun spicy kick!
- Instead of carrots or peas, you could also try broccoli, cauliflower, corn, etc.
Serving and Storage
Pork and Rice is best served warm, but once cooled can be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Freezing Pork and Rice
Once cooled, you can transfer the pork and cheesy rice to an airtight freezer-safe container or zip-close bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight or heat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
What To Serve With Pork and Rice?
You can’t go wrong with some pork and cheesy rice, but here are a few ideas of what goes well with this dish.
- Classic Asian Ramen Salad
- Easy Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe
- Easy Rainbow Roasted Vegetables
- Crispy Chicken Egg Rolls Recipe
More Easy Pork Recipes
Need a few more ideas for recipes that use pork? I have a few delicious ones to try!
- Juicy Oven Baked Pork Chops Recipe
- Smoky Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Pork Chop Recipe
- Easy Pork Schnitzel Recipe
I know you’ll love this delicious Cheesy Pork and Rice Skillet as much as we do; let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Cheesy Pork and Rice Skillet
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the pork with the garlic and onions, until the pork is browned and the onions are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the rice, Italian seasoning, frozen peas and carrots and chicken broth tot he skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of the cheese until combined. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with the lid for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese melts. Or optionally, you can place the skillet under your oven's broiler for about 2 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted. Enjoy!