This Cheesy Pork Rice Skillet is creamy, cheesy and filled with plump pork, tender rice and loads of veggies! A complete meal, all made in just one skillet!
My kindergartener “graduated” last week… yet I’m still having to take her to school for another week and a half.
This week my preschooler “graduates” and still has a few more days of school after that. Aren’t we supposed to be done after we graduate?
I guess not.
Technically their last few days are just filled with parties, movies and cleaning desks. Hurry up already! I’m counting down the days till school is out because as soon as they are done we are loading up our trailer and hitting the road! Mexico here I come!
But in the meanwhile I’m still surviving with quick and easy ONE SKILLET dinners like this one.
How To Make Cheesy Pork Rice Skillet
- Brown the pork (you can also use chicken) in a skillet and then toss in the rice, some seasoning and chicken broth.
- Add a cup of frozen peas and carrots. You could also try frozen broccoli, cauliflower, corn, etc. The options are endless and ultimately up to your tastebuds!
Once the rice is cook we could stop there… but no, we like to make it creamy and cheesy in this house!
By stirring in some sour cream and cheese the rice becomes super creamy and completely irresistible!
Finally, let’s top it all off with another layer of cheese (for good measure), and then let it melt right on the stove top.
This is one of my favorite tricks. The dinner is still hot, so just layer on the cheese and place the lid back on. It will melt within 2 to 3 minutes. OR you could place your oven safe skillet under your broiler until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned.
My kids and I adore this one skillet dinner! It’s a great way to make a dinner without heating up the whole house too.
Bring on the rest of the end-of-school-year activities! I can take it!
Cheesy Pork and Rice Skillet
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the pork with the garlic and onions, until the pork is browned and the onions are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the rice, Italian seasoning, frozen peas and carrots and chicken broth tot he skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 18 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sour cream and 1/2 cup of the cheese until combined. Top with the remaining cheese. Cover with the lid for an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese melts. Or optionally, you can place the skillet under your oven's broiler for about 2 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW