This Classic Asian Ramen Salad is a simple and addictive salad that you can bring to any gathering and people will be begging you for the recipe. With a simple sweet and tangy dressing, these tasty ingredients come together in no time!
This past weekend I flew to Salt Lake City to surprise my grandmother on her 80th birthday. The whole family was gathering for a mini family reunion and I decided to show up unexpectedly.
I spent all day taking three flights and driving a rental car 1 1/2 hours before finally arriving at her house. As I drove up I could see the whole family gathered in the backyard chatting and having a good time. I parked the car in the front yard and walked around the side of the house. As I walked up to everyone they all looked shocked and confused. The best part was the expression on my mom and grandmother’s face. Tears were shed and lots of hugs were given.
The weekend was an absolute blast. Lots of food. I even made a batch of my Gooey S’mores Cake Bars, which everyone thoroughly enjoyed. At one point someone brought an asian ramen salad to the gathering and I simply couldn’t get enough of it.
Then later in the weekend we all went to Chuck A Rama, where I found myself piling my plate high with another style of asian ramen salad. The wheels were turning in my brain and I just knew I needed to make my own Classic Asian Ramen Salad to share on the blog.
But by the time I got home from my long weekend of traveling I felt like I needed a major cleanse. So I pulled out my juicer, went to the store and bought insane amounts of veggies and fruits, then proceeded to juice said produce.
I left my jar of juice on the counter then began to cleaned up the juicer and all it’s tedious parts. My curious 3 year old attempted to pick up my sacred juice from the counter and it slipped out of her hands, spilling my vitamin rich juice all over the floor, cabinets, counter top and her dress.
After a few tears were shed (hey, it was a lot of work and I was hangry), I decided to make myself and giant bowl of this crunchy Asian Ramen Salad and start the cleanse the next day.
Best decision ever.
This salad is sooooo good, you guys! I love the edamame and mandarin oranges that combine for a sweet and nutty texture. The toasted almonds and ramen noodles add the perfect crunch and the dressing is simply to die for!
It’s a colorful salad that will disappear quickly! Be prepared to be the star of the party with this yummy dish!Print
Classic Asian Ramen Salad
Classic Asian Ramen Salad is simple and addictive! It’s also a perfect salad to bring to any gathering!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 (3oz) packages of Ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (16oz) package coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 4 scallions, sliced
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees F.
- Crumble the ramen noodles and discard the seasoning packets. Combine the noodles with the almonds on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes, stirring halfway, until they are a light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile combine the coleslaw mix, edamame, mandarin oranges, scallions and toasted noodle mixture in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately or store, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
recipe inspired by: Gimme Some Oven
- Serving Size: 8-10