This Classic Asian Ramen Salad is a simple and addictive salad that you can bring to any gathering and people will be begging you for the recipe. With a simple sweet and tangy dressing, these tasty ingredients come together in no time!
If you’re looking for the perfect salad to bring to a holiday gathering, party or potluck, this is it! Sometimes I’ll even add shredded chicken to the salad and serve it for dinner. My family loves the combination of crunchy, toasted Ramen noodles, sliced almonds, edamame and mandarin oranges in the tangy sesame dressing.
How To Make Asian Ramen Salad:
- Start out by toasting a couple packages of Ramen noodles in the oven.
- If you can’t find pre-toasted sliced almonds at the store, you can toss the almonds in with the Ramen noodles to get toasted too.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a dressing bottle or mason jar and shake until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.
Asian Ramen Noodle Salad Dressing Recipe
What really takes this crunchy noodle salad to the next level is the super simple salad dressing. Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make the dressing:
- Canola Oil – you could substitute with vegetable oil if needed
- Sugar – granulated white sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar – you could substitute with rice vinegar or plain white vinegar
- Soy Sauce – low sodium
- Sesame Oil – light or dark sesame oil will work
- Salt and Pepper to taste
I’m OBSESSED with my salad dressing bottle shaker. You can pick one up on Amazon for super cheap, shake up the ingredients and pour away!
Asian Ramen Noodle Salad Variations & Tips:
Cabbage – The base of this recipe is shredded cabbage. I like to just grab a big bag of coleslaw mix because it has a couple types of shredded cabbage and some shredded carrots, but you can also shred your own cabbage or even Napa cabbage if you want. Just make sure you have about 5 cups of shredded cabbage.
Mandarin Oranges – I like to use the canned variety of mandarin oranges that are packed in either water or light syrup. You could also use freshly peeled cutie orange segments.
Edamame – You can find already shelled edamame (soy beans) in the freezer section. Just run under cool water to quickly defrost!
Extra Veggies – Feel free to add in extra veggies like sliced red bell peppers or more shredded carrots!
Can I Make Ramen Noodle Salad Ahead of Time?
If you’re bringing this delicious salad to a party or potluck, maybe you’re wondering if you can make it ahead of time so you can easily transport it? YES! You can definitely whip up this easy salad ahead of time.
Make sure to not combine the dressing and salad together until ready to serve to maintain maximum crunch factor!
More Potluck Favorites
- Orange Fluff Salad – everyone’s favorite!
- Classic Macaroni Salad – the dressing is a game changer!
- Creamy Corn Salad – so creamy and delicious
- Shrimp Pasta Salad – everyone always asks for this simple recipe
This Classic Asian Ramen Salad is a colorful salad that will disappear quickly! Be prepared to be the star of the party with this yummy dish!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Classic Asian Ramen Salad
- 2 3oz packages of Ramen noodles (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 16oz package coleslaw mix
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 4 scallions, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 415 degrees F.
- Crumble the ramen noodles and discard the seasoning packets. Combine the noodles with the almonds on a parchment lined baking sheet. Toast in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes, stirring halfway, until they are a light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile combine the coleslaw mix, edamame, mandarin oranges, scallions and toasted noodle mixture in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until the sugar is dissolved. Pour into the salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately or store, covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: