There are several ways to prepare fajitas, but these Quick Steak Fajitas are quick, simple, and slap-your-mama-in-the-face good.
You can get extra fancy with the toppings you choose to put on your mouth-watering fajitas, but you HAVE to have charred sweet peppers and onions.
It’s practically criminal if you don’t.
By giving the onion and peppers a good swift kick with a dry hot skillet you break down the juices inside them and they burst with delicious flavors. Just make sure you have your stove fan cranked and a window open as you might see some smoke coming from the skillet.
Best Steak For Fajitas?
The key to a good steak fajita is not necessarily the steak. You don’t need a fancy cut of beef, in fact I used a blade steak which is a cheaper, lean cut. The key is to cutting the beef AGAINST the grain. This will ensure a tender piece of meat in every bite.
Here are some great cuts of steak you can use for Steak Fajitas:
- Blade Steak
- Flank Steak
- Beef Loin Flap Steak
- Skirt Steak
- Carne Asada
Steak Fajita Marinade Ingredients:
The marinade is also a key factor to making the BEST Steak Fajitas. The marinade I used for these fajitas is simple, simple, simple!!
- Lime Juice
- Ground Cumin
Done and done.
The trick is really in giving the peppers just a quick sear in a hot skillet, followed by the steak getting a quick sear in the hot skillet.
By placing the steak in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes you can easily slice your steak into thin strips. It’s not necessary to freeze the steak, it just makes it a little easier to cut thin slices. Let the steak soak up the juices of the marinade before throwing it into a hot skillet.
PRO TIP: If you’re using a cast iron skillet, you don’t need any oil to cook the peppers or steak. Just make sure your skillet is nice and HOT!
Get your fixin’s ready, cause these fajitas are comin’ at ya.
What To Serve With Steak Fajita Recipe?
Here are some simple side dishes to make these steak fajitas a dinner you won’t soon forget.
I know you’re going to enjoy these quick and easy Steak Fajitas just as much as we do! Get ready for this new weeknight dinner favorite!
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Quick Steak Fajitas
- 2 lb. blade steak or flank steak cut thin AGAINST the grain
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 3 sweet peppers, red, yellow, and green sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 8 to 12 small soft flour tortillas
- avocado, sour cream, salsa, extra lime wedges (optional)
- To cut steak into thin strips, place the steak in the freezer (not necessary to make recipe, it just makes it easier to slice) for 20-30 minutes then use a sharp knife to slice the steak thinly AGAINST the grain. Place the strips of steak in a glass bowl and add the lime juice, salt, cumin, and garlic. Coat steak and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the peppers and onions by heating up a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot place the peppers and onions in and let sit till they begin to caramelize and slightly blacken. Stir and caramelize on the other sides. Remove to a plate to keep warm.
- In the same skillet toss in the steak strips and and stir occasionally till the beef is cooked to your liking.
- Serve the peppers, onions and steak on soft flour tortillas with your desired toppings. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: