This Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Recipe is juicy and tender with the most amazing two ingredient sauce!
JUICY Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe:
- Just like my Juicy Baked Chicken recipe, we’re going to start by pounding the chicken breasts into an even thickness.
- Drizzle with either olive oil or avocado oil, then season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill over medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F) for about 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches 160 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and loosely tent with foil for about 5 minutes, allowing the chicken to rise in temperature to 165 degrees F.
Bacon Ranch Sauce for Chicken
It’s not hard to see why this chicken recipe is loved by all. I mean, it’s filled with crispy bacon, creamy ranch dressing and juicy grilled chicken… it’s simple, yet majorly delicious.
- Start by cutting up your bacon into bite-size pieces and crisping up in a skillet.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease and then pour in a quality ranch dressing.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and stir to incorporate the two ingredients, then add in your chicken breasts and coat with the sauce.
Which Ranch Dressing Should I Use?
You should use your favorite brand of ranch dressing, but keep in mind, a high quality dressing will yield a better sauce consistency. Personally I use a refrigerated brand of ranch dressing that’s pretty thick and creamy.
How To Get Juicy Grilled Chicken Breasts:
Here are my top 3 tips for making sure you achieve a JUICY grilled chicken breast, every time.
- Pound the Chicken to an Even Thickness – place your chicken breast between two sheets of parchment paper and use a heavy rolling pin or pan to pound the chicken to an even thickness. The natural shape of the chicken breast is a teardrop, with a thicker, meatier portion at the bottom of the tear drop. If the chicken breast is not an even thickness before grilling, you’ll have to cook it longer to get that thicker portion to a safe 165 degrees F, resulting in the thinner portion being over-cooked and dry.
- Drizzle with Oil – with the high heat of the grill, you’ll want to make sure your chicken is coated with a thin layer of oil so the chicken does not want to stick. This also helps give the chicken breast a nice golden brown color and helps lock in those juices!
- Let it Rest – once you’ve reached the proper internal temperature (160 degrees F) remove the chicken from the grill and let rest under a sheet of foil for about 5 minutes. The temperature of the chicken will continue to rise up to the safe zone (165 degrees F), while allowing the juices inside the chicken to redistribute.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead of Breasts?
Yes! You can definitely swap out the chicken breasts for chicken thighs. I would recommend using boneless, skinless chicken thighs with this recipe.
In fact, you could even use a boneless pork chop in this recipe too!
What To Serve With Bacon Ranch Chicken:
I’m confident you’re going to LOVE this super easy weeknight dinner recipe as much as we do.
Helpful Products To Make This Recipe:
Bacon Ranch Grilled Chicken Recipe
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (about 375 degrees F).
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of parchment paper and use a heavy rolling pin or pan to pound chicken to an even thickness. Drizzle chicken with oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder on both sides.
- Grill chicken for about 5 to 7 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- Meanwhile cut bacon into bite-size pieces and cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain off all but 1 tbsp of grease and return pan and bacon to stove top. Turn heat to low and add in ranch dressing, stirring to form a sauce.
- Add the grilled chicken to the pan and coat with sauce, letting simmer for a minute or two. Serve immediately and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: