This one skillet Garlic Parmesan Rice is a quick and easy side dish recipe that pairs perfectly with chicken, beef and seafood!
A couple weeks ago I shared a picture of my very basic dinner on my instagram stories. It was just some grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and this Garlic Parmesan Rice. I was blown away by how many of you guys requested this recipe!
If there’s one thing I can guarantee that my kids will eat without any complaint, it’s a warm side of rice. So you can bet that rice gets prepared on the regular in our house.
Tips for Making Garlic Parmesan Rice in a skillet:
- To get the most flavor out of your rice, start by toasting the rice in the skillet before adding any wet ingredients to the pan.
- My favorite type of rice to use for skillet rice is Jasmine, which is a long grain white rice.
- For best texture rinse the rice with water prior to toasting in the skillet. This will reduce the amount of stickiness you get when it’s finished cooking.
I like this rice so much because it’s a little creamy, super flavorful, and ultra simple to make. You can increase or decrease the amount of garlic flavor by adjusting that to taste.
The flavors are sophisticated but simple and pair perfectly with chicken, steak, pork, seafood… really just about anything!
You’re going to love this easy side of rice!Print
Garlic Parmesan Rice
This quick and easy Garlic Parmesan Rice is a flavorful side dish recipe that pairs perfectly with anything!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 4 tbsp salted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add 2 tbsp butter and olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add rice, garlic salt and parsley and toast rice until just lightly browned.
- Add in water and 1/2 cup milk. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup milk and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy warm.
Keywords: garlic, parmesan, rice, stovetop, easy, sides
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: