This one skillet Garlic Parmesan Rice is a quick and easy side dish recipe that pairs perfectly with chicken, beef and seafood!
A couple weeks ago I shared a picture of my very basic dinner on my instagram stories. It was just some grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and this Garlic Parmesan Rice. I was blown away by how many of you guys requested this recipe!
If there’s one thing I can guarantee that my kids will eat without any complaint, it’s a warm side of rice. So you can bet that rice gets prepared on the regular in our house.
Garlic Parmesan Rice
This easy rice recipe can look like it’s pretty basic, but the flavors are incredible. The best part – it’s so easy to make!
Ingredients Needed For Rice Recipe
- Olive Oil
- Jasmine Rice – my preferred type of rice, but you can also use any long grain white rice
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Parsley
- Parmesan Cheese
Can I Use Brown Rice instead of White Rice?
The short answer is Yes. However, changing the type of rice for a recipe can be tricky, as different types of rice can require different cooking methods, liquid and time to cook.
One of the most common questions asked is if brown rice can be used in place of white rice.
- White long grain rice requires a 1:2 ratio of rice to water. (1 cup of rice needs 2 cups of water to cook).
- Brown rice typically requires more water (about 1:2.5 ratio) as well as a longer cook time to result in a fluffy rice.
The longer answer – you can swap in the brown rice for white rice, but increase the liquid a little and expect it to take a little longer to fully absorb all the liquid.
Tips for Making Garlic Parmesan Rice in a skillet:
- My favorite type of rice to use for skillet rice is Jasmine, which is a long grain white rice.
- For best texture rinse the rice with water prior to toasting in the skillet. This will reduce the amount of stickiness you get when it’s finished cooking.
- To get the most flavor out of your rice, start by toasting the rice in the skillet before adding any wet ingredients to the pan.
I like this rice so much because it’s a little creamy, super flavorful, and ultra simple to make. You can increase or decrease the amount of garlic flavor by adjusting that to taste.
More Easy Rice Recipes To Try
Here are a few more delicious and easy rice side dish recipes that are fan favorites here on I Wash You Dry.
- 5 Minute Cheesy Zucchini Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Easy Mexican Rice
- Vegetable Rice Pilaf
- Mushroom Wild Rice Pilaf
What To Serve Garlic Parmesan Rice With?
You’re going to love this easy side of rice!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Garlic Parmesan Rice
- 4 tbsp salted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup Jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Add 2 tbsp butter and olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add rice, garlic salt and parsley and toast rice until just lightly browned.
- Add in water and 1/2 cup milk. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the remaining 2 tbsp butter, 1/2 cup milk and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy warm.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: