If you’re looking for a crowd winning side dish to bring to your next pot luck, this Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is it!
A potato salad is a staple at any bbq or pot luck gathering, and this one is seriously on top of it’s game.
I’ve loaded this potato salad with crispy fried chicken (I purchased some fried chicken tenders at my grocer’s deli), crispy bacon pieces and a cool ranch dressing.
You could use any type of potato for this salad, but I chose some classic baking potatoes.
I just boiled them whole, let them cool then the peels came off super easy. Cut the potatoes into small bite-size pieces and place them in a large bowl.
Toss the potatoes in the dressing, which is super simple to make. Just a little ranch dressing and mayo.
Seriously so good guys!
Toss in the chicken and bacon, then stir gently to coat.
If you’re not into fried chicken, you could always use a shredded rotisserie chicken.
I think what I love the most about this super simple salad is that it only takes 5 ingredients to make!
It was a meal to remember!
I created this recipe for Pillsbury, so make sure you hop over there to get the full recipe!Print
Chicken Bacon Ranch Potato Salad
- Yield: serves 4 to 6 1x
- 3 large baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 lbs.)
- 6 strips thick cut bacon, cooked crisp and cut into bite size pieces
- 5 deli fried chicken tenders (boneless), cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of water until a fork easily pierces, with little resistance. Drain and let cool on a cooling rack until completely cool (about 1 hour).
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite size pieces then place in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the mayo and ranch dressing. Fold the dressing into the potatoes.
- Add the crispy bacon and fried chicken pieces, then stir gently to mix. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with chopped chives if desired. Enjoy!