Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce Roasted Asparagus is a super rich and creamy sauce that goes perfectly with eggs, meats and definitely roasted asparagus.
I’m sure you’ve heard of a Hollandaise Sauce, it’s something that I reserve for special occasions, until recently that is.
I just found out how to quickly make this deliciously creamy sauce in a blender and it’s quite dangerous. Now I want to drizzle this goodness on top of EVERYTHING!
It’s true that Hollandaise Sauce can be quite fatty, so it’s probably not a good idea to actually put it on everything. If you’ve shied away from making this in the past because you thought it would be too difficult, I beg you to take a second look.
This sauce is literally ready in one minute, and it couldn’t be easier to make!
You simply start with egg yolks, lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper in the blender. Give them a few whirls to blend the egg yolks and get some air into them.
Then you’ll slowly add in melted butter, while the blender is on low, and the sauce will thicken slightly. Voila! You’re done!
This rich and creamy sauce has just a hint of heat from the cayenne and is absolutely perfect when drizzled over some roasted asparagus!
Is there anything more gorgeous than fresh asparagus?!
I love this time of year when asparagus is so cheap. We have asparagus at least two or three times a week!
Once your asparagus is roasted (which takes less than 15 minutes), you can drizzle that Hollandaise Sauce right on top.
Be warned… this stuff is SO GOOD!
Once you make your Hollandaise Sauce you’ll want to use it fresh, within the hour. If you have leftovers, you can refrigerate it for up to 2 days (I’ve left reheating instructions in the recipe below). 🙂
You’re going to feel like a true chef with this simple recipe and everyone will be super impressed!
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce Roasted Asparagus
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 10 tbsp salted butter
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
For the Roasted Asparagus:
- 1 lb. asparagus, fresh (trimmed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Sauce:
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe dish or in a saucepan over low heat until melted. Try to not let it boil.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice and cayenne pepper to the blender and blend for 20 to 30 seconds, until the egg yolks turn a light pale yellow. Remove the center of the blender lid and slowly pour in the melted butter, while blending on LOW speed.
- Keep sauce in a warm place and use within 1 hour of making. Enjoy!
For the Asparagus:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil and seasonings then spread into an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crisp tender. Enjoy!
Store in fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in glass bowl at 20% power for 15 second increments, stirring in between. Repeat until heated through.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THE RECIPE TO SAVE IT!