This Kale Power Salad is packed full of tons of healthy green goodies, a perfect way to detox this Fall!
I’m totally obsessed with this salad. I’ve made it 5 times in the past two weeks. It makes a giant batch too, so I eat it for days.
It’s packed full of kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli slaw, craisins, and roasted pumpkin seeds. Then I toss it all in a simple homemade poppy seed dressing.
Are you a brussel sprouts fan? If you’ve never tried them shredded in a salad, you’re definitely missing out. They taste like little cabbages, but pack a powerful amount of nutrients and fiber!
I used to not be a huge fan of kale, but now that I’ve made this salad, I’m a changed woman.
I’m pretty sure you’re going to love this salad too.
You could even throw in some grilled chicken strips for a super healthy lunch or dinner!
What’s not to love about that?!
This will be your go-to salad this Fall!Print
Kale Power Salad
This Kale Power Salad is packed full of tons of healthy green goodies!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: no cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 bunch of Kale (approximately 4 large stems worth)
- 3/4 lb. brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 1 (10oz) package broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup salted and roasted pumpkin seeds (sunflower seeds would work too)
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Rinse the kale and pat dry. Trim the kale leaves from the main stem, and discard the stems. Coarsely chop the kale and place in a large bowl.
- Shred the brussel sprouts through the chute of your food processor, or thinly slice them to create a fine shred. Place them in the bowl with the kale. Add the package of broccoli slaw, craisins and seeds, then toss.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to coat. Keep salad refrigerated until ready to serve. Toss once more before serving.
I usually make the full recipe, but before adding the dressing I will place half of the salad in a zip close bag and store in the fridge for a later date. I’ll also only use half of the dressing and store the other half.
Keywords: Kale, salad