This Kale Power Salad is packed full of tons of healthy green goodies, a perfect way to detox this Fall!
I’m totally obsessed with this salad. I’ve made it 5 times in the past two weeks. It makes a giant batch too, so I eat it for days.
It’s packed full of kale, brussel sprouts, broccoli slaw, craisins, and roasted pumpkin seeds. Then I toss it all in a simple homemade poppy seed dressing.
Are you a brussel sprouts fan? If you’ve never tried them shredded in a salad, you’re definitely missing out. They taste like little cabbages, but pack a powerful amount of nutrients and fiber!
I used to not be a huge fan of kale, but now that I’ve made this salad, I’m a changed woman.
I’m pretty sure you’re going to love this salad too.
You could even throw in some grilled chicken strips for a super healthy lunch or dinner!
What’s not to love about that?!
This will be your go-to salad this Fall!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Kale Power Salad
- 1 Kale, approximately 4 large stems worth
- 3/4 lb. brussel sprouts, trimmed
- 1 10oz broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, salted and roasted ,sunflower seeds would work too
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Rinse the kale and pat dry. Trim the kale leaves from the main stem, and discard the stems. Coarsely chop the kale and place in a large bowl.
- Shred the brussel sprouts through the chute of your food processor, or thinly slice them to create a fine shred. Place them in the bowl with the kale. Add the package of broccoli slaw, craisins and seeds, then toss.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix to coat. Keep salad refrigerated until ready to serve. Toss once more before serving.
This salad is look very beautiful.
Thanks SBOBET! 🙂
This is a very good article. Thank you for a great information.
I like to eat salad.
Okay, you might get me to eat more kale with this recipe. 🙂
Well, I can NOT wait to try this one out. I love Kale. I have never shredded Brussel Sprouts either! Looking forward to it!
I don’t see any rubbing of the cut Kale in your hands. Check out the website for THE CHEW. Daphne does a KALE salad, but rubs the KALE between her hands first before dressing.
That’s a great tip! You could definitely rub the kale before adding the rest of the ingredients to soften the texture if you prefer. 🙂 Thanks Linda!
Never tried kale–how does it compare (texture & taste wise) to spinach?
It’s firmer than spinach, and the taste is comparable. You could definitely substitute baby spinach in place of the kale if you’re concerned. 🙂