So here’s the deal.
While I love to indulge on things like this, these, and definitely some of this. I also keep my life balanced by eating loads of greens, healthy superfoods and getting plenty of exercise. One of my recent obsessions is this Superfood Avocado Blueberry Salad with homemade Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
So you know how I’m training for my first marathon?
Yeah, who’s bright idea was this? Who in their right mind actually pays to run 26.2 miles!?! Apparently I was not in my right mind, because I signed up, and now I am sort of regretting it. I know I can just not do it, but now my husband is also signed up, so I feel committed.
Speaking of my husband signing up for the marathon… he has never signed up for any event in the past 11 1/2 years we have been married. I’ve always been the one doing triathlons, running events, workout videos, biking, etc. etc. etc. While he does nothing. Then, all of a sudden he decides to get his butt off the couch and guess what? He’s crazy faster than me.
I know I should be super happy for him, and I am, but there is still a little part of me that is maybe a tad jealous? bitter? I don’t know…
So now I’ve decided to try to lose some weight and hopefully that will make me faster?
Again, not sure why I decided running a marathon was a bright idea. UGH!
But I will tell you one thing. Having this gorgeous salad nearly every day has been awesome.
I packed this salad with tons of superfoods like spinach, kale, almonds, blueberries and of course, avocado!
Then there is the Lemon Poppy Seed dressing, which was inspired from my Avocado Citrus Salad, that I drizzle over the whole thing. It’s incredible.
The creamy avocado and sweet blueberries go perfectly with the tangy feta cheese and tart dressing.
It’s a flavor party in your mouth.
If you wanted to add some extra protein to this salad, a few slices of grilled chicken breast or cooked shrimp would be perfect.
But as it is, this salad is filling and delicious!
No marathon needed to enjoy this one! 😉
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Superfood Avocado Blueberry Salad
- 6 cups Baby Spinach and Kale Blend
- 1 large California Avocado, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons almonds, sliced
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
For the Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons onion, minced
- 6 tablespoons mayo, reduced fat
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Divide the baby spinach and kale salad blend between two large bowls.
- Top each bowl with half of the California avocado slices, blueberries, almonds and feta cheese.
To prepare the dressing:
- Combine all the dressing ingredients besides the poppy seeds in the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the poppy seeds and pulse two times to incorporate. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
disclosure: This post is in partnership with California Avocados. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.