If you’re a fan of Red Velvet, then you’re going to love these Red Velvet Cream Cheese Muffins!
One of the coolest things about being a food blogger is being able to meet other awesome food bloggers in person, AND becoming friends with them. I’m super lucky to have become friends with Deborah, the lady behind the mouthwatering food blog, Taste and Tell.
Deborah recently published her very first cookbook, Red Velvet Lover’s Cookbook, and I am here to tell you… it’s INCREDIBLE!
The book is filled with beautiful pictures, wonderful stories, and scrumptious red velvet recipes.
I had the hardest time picking which recipe I wanted to make first, but ultimately chose these Cream Cheese Muffins.
The recipe is simple and easy to follow, and my muffins came out exactly as she pictured them, which is always a win!
Let me tell you how they tasted…
They had the perfect crumb texture for a muffin. Soft and tender with just a hint of sweetness, and a ribbon of cream cheese running through them, which added a little something extra to these gorgeous muffins. I loved the crumb topping as well. It was the perfect finishing touch.
If you think about it, red velvet is just red colored chocolate. So this book is basically full of amazing chocolate recipes.
Which… hello… is totally awesome!
The book is full of recipes of things like red velvet quick breads, cakes and cupcakes, cookies, brownies and bars, frozen desserts, and so much more. I’m going to fully recommend you picking up a copy for yourself and giving them a try!
Just to give you a little taste, here is the recipe for the Cream Cheese Muffins from the Red Velvet Lover’s Cookbook!Print
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Muffins
If you are a fan of red velvet then these Red Velvet Cream Cheese Muffins are just for you!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
For the Muffins:
- 1 1/4 all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbps natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red liquid food coloring
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
For the Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cavity muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- To make the muffins: Whisk the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and salt in a large bowl to combine. Whisk the buttermilk, cocoa, food coloring, oil and egg in a separate bowl. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry just until moistened (some lumps should remain).
- Beat the cream cheese and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl. Fold into the muffin batter, being careful to not over mix (some streaks of the cream cheese mixture should remain). Fill the muffin tins two-thirds full with the batter.
- To make the crumb topping: Stir the sugar and flour in a small bowl to combine. Add the butter and cut in to with two knives or a pastry blender until you have coarse crumbs. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the muffins.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Red Velvet, cream cheese, muffins
disclaimer: I was provided with a copy of this cookbook and was asked for an honest review of it. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. This post contains affiliate links to amazon.