Last week I was attempting to create a delicious Red Velvet Mug cake to share with you guys.
You see, I was following my recipe for the 2 ingredient Mug Cake by using Red Velvet Cake mix and Angel Food Cake mix. But I wanted to make it a little more rich so I threw some brownie mix in there too. It didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted so I scraped that idea.
Now I had three open boxes of mixes on my counter. So I decided to try making a Red Velvet Angel Food Cake…
All that was left now was a little bit of Red Velvet Cake mix and some Brownie Mix. So I combined the two and made these tasty Red Velvet Brownies.
I really liked the way these brownies turned out.
They were a little on the fluffier side, but still rich in texture. The red velvet cake mix add a touch more sweetness to the brownie which I felt like was the perfect combination.
To make these cute little brownies a little more Valentine’s-ish I cut out little paper hearts, placed the heart on the brownie and sprinkled some powdered sugar on top. Then remove the paper heart and it makes for a pretty presentation.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat to make for your loved ones, then you definitely want to try out these Red Velvet Brownies!Print
Red Velvet Brownies
Red Velvet Brownies are delicious and make a great Valentine’s Day treat for your loved ones!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- 1 box (17.6oz) Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix (for an 8x8inch pan)
- 1 cup Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8×8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open package of brownie mix and remove 1 cup. Place the remaining mix in a large bowl. Add the 1 cup red velvet cake mix to the bowl along with the egg, oil and water. Stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 28-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 9