Last week I was attempting to create a delicious Red Velvet Mug cake to share with you guys.
You see, I was following my recipe for the 2 ingredient Mug Cake by using Red Velvet Cake mix and Angel Food Cake mix. But I wanted to make it a little more rich so I threw some brownie mix in there too. It didn’t turn out exactly as I wanted so I scraped that idea.
Now I had three open boxes of mixes on my counter. So I decided to try making a Red Velvet Angel Food Cake…
All that was left now was a little bit of Red Velvet Cake mix and some Brownie Mix. So I combined the two and made these tasty Red Velvet Brownies.
I really liked the way these brownies turned out.
They were a little on the fluffier side, but still rich in texture. The red velvet cake mix add a touch more sweetness to the brownie which I felt like was the perfect combination.
To make these cute little brownies a little more Valentine’s-ish I cut out little paper hearts, placed the heart on the brownie and sprinkled some powdered sugar on top. Then remove the paper heart and it makes for a pretty presentation.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy Valentine’s Day treat to make for your loved ones, then you definitely want to try out these Red Velvet Brownies!
Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 box, 17.6oz Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix (for an 8x8inch pan)
- 1 cup Cake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open package of brownie mix and remove 1 cup. Place the remaining mix in a large bowl. Add the 1 cup red velvet cake mix to the bowl along with the egg, oil and water. Stir until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 28-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan. Enjoy!