This is the BEST Chicken Salad Sandwiches out there! Not to mention, they are so insanely easy to make that you can whip them up in less than 15 minutes!
Chicken Salad Recipe:
- Start by combining pulled rotisserie chicken, sliced celery, sliced almonds and halved red grapes in a large bowl
- Whisk up my creamy chicken salad dressing and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken salad on top of a bed of lettuce in a buttery croissant and enjoy!
The key to the BEST Chicken Salad Sandwiches is in the filling and dressing.
Chicken Salad Ingredients:
There are a lot of ways to make chicken salad, but these simple ingredients are my absolute favorite and have proven to be delicious time and time again.
- Rotisserie Chicken – I love the convenience of just pulling chicken off the bones of a rotisserie chicken, but you can also use my Crockpot Shredded Chicken!
- Sliced Celery – celery gives it a nice crunch and balanced flavor. If you’re not a fan, you can leave it out or swap with diced cucumbers.
- Sliced Almonds – try toasted sliced almonds for an extra depth of flavor. You can also use walnuts or pecans instead.
- Red Grapes – my absolute favorite ingredient are firm red grapes. It gives the salad a juicy pop. You can use dried cranberries instead if you’re not a fan of grapes.
Can I Use Miracle Whip Instead of Mayo?
Yes, you can definitely swap out the mayo for miracle whip if that’s your preferred taste. I like the flavor of mayo best with this dressing because it isn’t as sweet.
The dressing is a combination of mayo and plain greek yogurt with a splash of fresh lemon juice. Season it up with some garlic powder and a little salt and pepper.
So simple, yet SO AMAZING.
What Can I Use instead of Greek Yogurt?
If you simply cannot stand greek yogurt or don’t have any on hand, you can use sour cream in it’s place.
Toss the filling with the dressing and place it on top of a fluffy and buttery croissant.
You can find fresh croissants in the bakery section of your grocery store. Mine sells a 4 pack of giant croissants for like $5! If you can’t find croissants, you’ll want to use a nice and soft bread or roll instead.
Chicken Salad Recipe Variations:
- Mix in diced avocado
- Swap out the almonds for pecans
- Skip the croissants and pile the chicken salad on top of a bed of greens
- Swap out the celery for diced cucumbers
Trust me, one bite of this sandwich and you’ll see why they are the best!
Best Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup firm red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the Sandwich:
- 6 large croissants
- green leaf lettuce
- Combine the chicken, celery, grapes and almonds in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the ingredients for the dressing until smooth. Pour the dressing into the bowl with the chicken and stir to coat.
- To serve the sandwich, cut the croissants in half and place a leaf of lettuce on the bottom half. Top with the chicken salad mixture and place the top half of the croissant on top. Enjoy!
You may substitute chopped pecans or walnuts for the almonds if desired, or omit completely if allergy.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!