These creamy Chicken Apple Salad Wraps are the perfect solution for lunch! Filled with shredded chicken, crisp apples and juicy dried cranberries, these wraps have it all!
Chicken salad is one of my favorite things to make for lunches because it’s so quick and everyone loves it. This version is filled with crisp apples, juicy dried cranberries and crunchy pecans.
How To Make Chicken Apple Salad Wraps
You’ll love how quickly this comes together. All you need are a handful of ingredients to whip these up.
I’ve wrapped the salad up in tortillas, but it can also be served over lettuce, between bread, or with crackers.
Ingredients Needed –
Here is the short list of ingredients you’ll need to make these juicy wraps…
- Shredded Chicken – you can pick it off of a rotisserie chicken, or use my slow cooker shredded chicken
- Diced Apple – I love using a honey crisp apple because it’s perfectly sweet and not over powering
- Pecans – try toasting them for an added level of flavor
- Dried Cranberries – they pack a delicious punch of flavor
- Celery – great for adding a little extra crunch and color to the salad
Once you combine all the chicken salad ingredients in a bowl, you’ll just quickly whisk up the dressing ingredients and fold it all together.
Simple Chicken Salad Dressing –
Here is what you’ll need to make this simple dressing to go over your chicken salad.
- Plain Greek Yogurt – you can use regular or non-fat
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
PRO TIP: If you want to add a little garlic powder to the dressing to add a little bit of a savory taste to it, you can totally do that.
Tips and Variations –
We love making chicken salad because it’s an easy way to utilize ingredients in your fridge. There are easy swaps that can totally transform the flavors and make them unique to you.
- If you’re not a fan of dried cranberries, try swapping them for juicy grapes!
- Try toasted pecans, almonds or walnuts in the salad to boost the flavor.
- Celery is great for the added crunch and flavor, but you could also use purple onion or try water chestnuts.
- When making wraps, try not to over-fill the tortilla. If it’s too full, it can make it difficult to wrap up.
- Slice the wraps at a 45 degree angle in the middle to create the type of cut shown in the pictures here. It’s pretty for presentation and helps to keep all the ingredients inside the wrap.
Can I Make It Ahead Of Time?
Yes! This salad is perfect for meal prepping because it stays nice and creamy. If you notice the dressing getting a little watery on the bottom, just stir it all together before serving.
You can make this chicken salad up to 5 days in advance. Keep it stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
More Wraps & Salads To Try –
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
- Classic Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- Cajun Turkey Avocado Wraps
- Sweet Chicken Chili Wraps
I hope you can enjoy these cool and delicious wraps for a quick and easy lunch or dinner on a warm day!
Chicken Apple Salad Wraps
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup apple, diced
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- green leaf lettuce
- 4 large tortillas
- Combine the shredded chicken, apple, pecans, dried cranberries and celery in a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, combine mayo, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour dressing into the chicken mixture and fold until evenly combined.
- Place green leaf lettuce on top of a tortilla and add a cup of chicken salad on top. Roll the tortilla up and cut in half. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
Made these for dinner tonight. Super tasty. A nice light summer supper.
Wasn’t sure if the apple needed to be peeled, or just diced. Recipe wasn’t specific. Also forgot the celery, but that’s no big deal. I was looking for something healthy-ish, as my partner is notorious for not eating well. Greek yogurt isn’t my fave, but we went for it. We also had to cook the chicken a-la-minute, so we chopped instead of shredded. Chilled for an hour before serving, and it was fine. Won’t become a go-to, but it did the job and cranberries are always a plus for my chicky salad. Thanks for posting.
No need to peel the apples for this recipe.
WE HAD THIS FOR LUNCH……..& WILL AGAIN THANK YOU!!!
This was delicious. Only used one stalk of celery, otherwise followed the recipe exactly as printed. Will definitely make again!!
Fantastic! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!
Just wondering if you think tuna would be good as a sub for chicken?
I’m sure that would be a delicious swap!
So good! Thanks for sharing
I’m so glad you enjoyed it Jerri!