Who doesn’t love a good nacho?!
I’m in love with these Carne Asada Nachos with Avocado Pico de Gallo. They remind me of this little drive through Mexican restaurant I used to live by. I would always pick up a large styrofoam container filled with tender shredded beef, and piled high with nacho toppings. It was a guilty pleasure of mine.
The carne asada is actually so easy to make since it’s cooked right in your slow cooker. Just rub down some flank steaks with a simple spice rub…
Chop up a red bell pepper, green bell pepper, an onion, and a jalapeño for a little kick.
Place the steaks in the bottom of the crock pot, place the diced peppers and onion on top, and let it go… Let it go, can’t hold it back anymore… oh, sorry. We’ve had Frozen playing on a constant loop here, and I don’t know if I can “let it go” anymore.
I guess that’s what happens when you have 3 daughters. My house is filled with Disney music, princess clothes, and bad karaoke.
What I wish it was filled with was more of this avocado pico de gallo!
Rather than mashing up those delicious California Avocados, I simply tossed them with some diced tomato, onion, jalapeño, lime and cilantro. It made the perfect topping to my tender shredded beef.
Don’t feel limited by the nachos, you can serve the carne asada in a taco shell with the avocado pico on top! Or wrap it up in a soft tortilla with some refried beans for a delicious burrito. Skip the carne asada all together if you want and just enjoy that delicious avocado pico de gallo with some chips!
No judgments here.
Wouldn’t these would make an excellent addition to your Cinco de Mayo bash?! Let’s be honest with each other; Cinco de Mayo is not the same without California Avocados. So make sure to add them to your list, and make these nachos while you’re at it!Print
Carne Asada Nachos with Avocado Pico de Gallo
Carne Asada Nachos with Avocado Pico de Gallo is a delicious recipe loaded with bold flavors for an appetizer or snack!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Slow cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 lbs. flank steak
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
For the Avocado Pico de Gallo
- 3 ripe California Avocados, pitted and diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup diced purple onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice (about 1/2 of a lime)
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Nachos:
- Tortilla chips
- sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine all the spice rub ingredients in a small bowl. Generously rub all over the flank steak. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker, top with the diced peppers and onions. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Combine the Avocado Pico de Gallo ingredients in a bowl, and gently stir to combine. Cover and place in fridge until ready to use.
- Once carne asada is done, use two forks to shred the steak (should fall apart very easily).
- Place a pile of tortilla chips on a plate, cover with the hot carne asada, some shredded cheese, a nice helping of avocado pico, and some sour cream. Enjoy!
Keywords: carne asada, nachos, avocado, pico de Gallo, spicy
Disclaimer: I am a proud California Avocados Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make I Wash You Dry possible. As always, all thoughts are 100% my own.