I’m so excited to share these Slow Cooker Steakhouse Stuffed Peppers with you today!
There is nothing better than an easy, comforting dinner, that’s literally prepared in just a few minutes, but also hot and ready when you get home from work. Can I get an Amen?!
I know we’re all so super busy this time of year, and sometimes dinner gets the last thought. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been working all day, helping kids with homework and projects, running errands and then WHAM! It’s dinner time and I’m at a loss.
When that happens I usually turn to my one skillet dinners, or just grab some pizza and call it a night.
But if you’re wanting an even less stress dinner, these peppers are where it’s at.
Slow Cooker Steakhouse Stuffed Peppers Recipe:
Just lop off the tops of each pepper, (don’t forget to save the tops to dice up) and stuff with this delicious steakhouse inspired filling.
Place them in the slow cooker and off you go on your busy day.
The filling is a mixture of lean ground beef, brown and wild rice …
Let me stop right here and explain something about this rice. You can use any leftover rice that you might have. But sometimes you just don’t have any rice in the fridge, so I used a package of Uncle Ben’s microwavable rice. Um.. brilliant time saver. Just toss the rice right in with the ground beef mixture and you’re done.
More flavor options for these Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers:
- Use ground turkey in place of ground beef
- Any flavor or variety of steak sauce will work here
- Add some diced green chiles and salsa (in place of the steak sauce) for a Mexican twist
- Switch out the cooked rice for other grains like quinoa, couscous or orzo pasta
Stuff the peppers with the meat and rice mixture, then let them go in the slow cooker.
Right before serving top with some shredded cheese and cover. The cheese will melt in seconds and then they are ready to enjoy!
A complete dinner even the pickiest of eaters can get behind.
I should know, my picky eater gave this dinner two thumbs up!
Slow Cooker Steakhouse Stuffed Peppers
- 5 large bell peppers, you can use a mix of red, yellow and orange too
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, ground turkey works well too
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp A1 steak sauce
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup brown and wild rice mix, cooked (any type of cooked rice will work)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- Cut the tops of the peppers off and discard the seeds and stems, but save the pepper portion of the tops and dice. Reserve 1/2 cup for the filling.
- Combine the diced peppers, ground beef, onion, steak sauce, tomato sauce and rice in a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff each pepper with the ground beef mixture and place in the crock pot.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the crock pot and cover. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Just before serving top with the shredded cheese and cover until melted. Enjoy!
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE TO SAVE IT!