These super easy Slow Cooker Beef Macaroni Stuffed Peppers are filled with tender ground beef and cheesy macaroni, then slow cooked for a delicious dinner!
I’ve partnered once again with Bob Evans Grocery to help solve that dinner dilemma. All you have to do is combine ground beef and ground sausage with their delicious and creamy Macaroni and Cheese, then stuff it inside some bell peppers and let them slow cook until dinner time!
Right before serving, top the stuffed peppers with some shredded cheese and cover for another few minutes until it’s nice and melted.
My kids LOVED these peppers. Even my 6 year old went back for seconds!
How to make Stuffed Bell Peppers in the Slow Cooker
This recipe calls for a combination of ground beef and ground sausage, which is quickly browned before being added to the bell peppers. Toss in a package of Bob Evans Macaroni and Cheese (no need to preheat) along with some diced tomatoes, a little oregano and basil and give it a stir.
Stuff each pepper with about a cup of the filling and stand the peppers up in the crock pot!
This filling is super delicious on it’s own, but when it’s stuffed in the pepper, well, it’s just magical. The pepper is sweet and juicy, while the hearty filling and cheesy topping bring it all together for a complete meal.
Can you freeze stuffed peppers?
I get this question a lot, believe it or not! The short answer is yes, but here are some tips to help you!
- Only freeze after the stuffed peppers are cooked completely, then cooled to room temperature.
- Place the peppers in a freezer-safe dish and cover with aluminum foil, then wrap the entire dish in plastic wrap to avoid any air getting in.
- If you’re only freezing a few peppers, or want to freeze them individually you can do this by wrapping each one individually in plastic wrap, then place in a freezer bag to avoid freezer-burn.
- When you’re ready to eat: unwrap, pop into a 350 degree oven and bake until heated through. It doesn’t hurt to add a little fresh cheese on top either!
- Frozen stuffed peppers can last up to 3 to 4 months in the freezer.
These Slow Cooker Beef Macaroni Stuffed Peppers are so easy to whip up, you’ll be adding them to your menu rotation for sure!
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Bob Evans Grocery. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: