These delicious Crock Pot Smothered Beef Burritos are simmered all day, then stuffed and rolled in flour tortillas before being covered in sauce and cheese and broiled to perfection.
There is nothing better than walking in the door to amazing smell of dinner cooking in the slow cooker.
Crock Pot Smothered Beef Burritos Recipe
This recipe comes together effortlessly in the slow cooker, making ultra juicy and tender shredded beef. It’s perfect for using in tacos, quesadillas, and burritos!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make these Crock Pot Smothered Beef Burritos at home. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Beef Chuck Roast
- Enchilada Sauce – my homemade recipe is killer!
- Green Chiles
- Beef Bouillon Cubes
- Large Tortillas
- Refried Beans – try my instant pot version for the best you’ve ever had!
- Shredded Cheese
How To Make Shredded Beef Burritos
This recipe is as simple as tossing all the ingredients into a slow cooker and letting it do all the work for you.
Start by cutting the beef roast into 2 inch cubes, trimming off as much fat as you can.
ADD TO SLOW COOKER
Place the beef into a crock pot and add the enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles (use jalapenos for an extra kick of spice), garlic, and bouillon cubes.
COOK ON LOW
Give the mixture a good stir, cover and cook on low 7-8 hours (or high for 3-4 hours).
Check the beef and add salt and pepper to taste.
How To Store Shredded Beef
Storing the shredded beef is super easy and makes for a great meal prep idea.
After the beef is cooked, simply let cool, and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can freeze the beef for up to 3 months.
Simply defrost the beef in the fridge overnight and warm up on the stove top over low heat or pop in the microwave to reheat.
Smothered Beef Burritos
Take the classic burrito to the next level by making a SMOTHERED burrito. My family loves when we make these, it’s just like Cafe Rio or Costa Vida!
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of refried beans on each tortilla.
- Remove some beef from the crock pot with a slotted spoon and place on top of the beans.
- Fold the burrito up, spoon some sauce from the crock pot over the folded burrito and then add cheese on top.
- Place under the broiler till the cheese is melted and bubbly.
What To Serve with Burritos
You’ll definitely want to top your beef burritos with sour cream, guacamole, and some freshly made salsa for the ultimate Mexican dinner. Here are some more delicious sides you can pair with your burritos…
This beef is so tender and flavorful, you’re going to absolutely love it!
Crock Pot Smothered Beef Burritos
- Cut the Chuck Roast into 1 to 2 inch cubes, trimming off as much fat as you can. Place the beef into a crock pot and add the enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, garlic, and bouillon cubes. Give it a good stir, cover and cook on low 7-8 hours. (or high for 3-4 hours). Check the beef and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred the beef slightly with two forks, leaving it in the sauce for now.
Prepare The Burritos:
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of beans on each tortilla. Remove some beef from the crock pot with a slotted spoon and place on top of the beans.
- Fold the burrito up, top with plenty of sauce from the crock pot and then add cheese on top. Place under the broiler till the cheese is melted and bubbly.