With this Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe you can have that crave-worthy chip dip in a matter of seconds!
I seriously have no will power when it comes to a bowl of this salsa and a bag of crispy tortilla chips.
I’ve been making this salsa for YEARS! It’s my go-to salsa recipe, especially when I’m not able to go to my favorite Mexican restaurant.
It’s so easy to make and tastes incredibly fresh, you’ll never want to use store-bought salsa again. Trust me!
Ingredients For Restaurant Salsa
Here is all that you need to make restaurant quality salsa at home
- Garlic – two whole cloves
- Onion – half of a white onion
- Jalapeno Pepper – leave the seeds in or take them out for less spicy
- Lime – just the juice!
- Cilantro – a handful of fresh cilantro really brightens this salsa
- 14 oz can of Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes – you can also use regular diced tomatoes
- Rotel diced tomatoes – the original version
- Salt – more or less to taste
- Cumin – the spice that really takes it to the next level!
How To Make Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe in Blender
This recipe is so easy! All you have to do is toss all your ingredients into a blender or food processor and pulse or blend for just 20 to 30 seconds!
Once your desired consistency is reached, you’re done.
How gorgeous is this salsa! I can not wait for you to give this a try!
How Long Does Salsa Last?
Once made, this easy restaurant quality salsa will last for up to 14 days in the fridge when covered tightly.
I love to stash the salsa in a mason jar in the fridge and pull it out when the craving hits. Trust me, once you start eating it, you’ll be hooked too.
You can also use this salsa in my Salsa Chicken Skillet or on top of my Ground Beef Tacos! The possibilities are endless!
More Mexican Recipes to Try
- Easy Pico de Gallo Salsa
- Best Classic Guacamole Recipe
- 7 Layer Dip Recipe
- Instant Pot Refried Beans Recipe
- Queso Fundido with Chorizo
Now the most important question – are you a dipper or a scooper? I’m definitely a scooper.
Restaurant Style Salsa Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stem removed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- 14.5 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 10 oz Rotel original diced tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Place all the ingredients into a blender or food processor.
- Blend or pulse for 20 to 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Store salsa covered tightly in the refrigerator for up to 14 days.
GREAT Salsa!!!!! Just made it tonight and my hub said it is definitely restaurant quality. He ran 3 very high end restaurants, including one Mexican chain and told me to make another batch, lol. I need to go back to the store and stock up on ingredients for future use. Not going to buy jarred again. Thank you, thank you!!!
So glad you guys enjoyed it Peggy! Thank you for the comment!
Is this mild or hot salsa?
It really depends on your jalapeno, but to me it tastes more mild.
Wow! This salsa is so fresh and delicious! I followed the recipe except for the cumin because I just can’t deal with that spice, but it still came out absolutely amazing. Thank you so much!
I’m so thrilled you enjoyed it Tamara! Thank you for your comment!
Holly L Shaw
I don’t usually use canned tomatoes when i make salsa but this was fantastic! It is a keeper in our house!!!! Thank you.
Yay!! It’s one of our all time faves, so glad you enjoyed it!
Literally the BEST salsa I’ve ever made at home! Thanks for ending my years long search!
I am SO glad you found it Jill! I literally can not buy salsa from the store anymore… this stuff is just too good!
Hi, just wondered if you can can or freeze this salsa recipe? Thx
You can can this salsa, just follow the directions listed here: https://iwashyoudry.com/homemade-enchilada-sauce/