With the weather warming up, it’s definitely time to whip up a pitcher of this cool and refreshing Strawberry Lemonade recipe!
I don’t know about you, but my kids are always begging me to let them have a lemonade stand in our front yard so they can sell cups of lemonade to people as they drive by.
Luckily my brother in law has a few lemon trees in his backyard, so every once in a while I’m gifted a bucketful of fresh lemons. There is nothing more satisfying on a warm day than a cool glass of lemonade, especially if that lemonade is homemade.
How To Make Homemade Lemonade From Scratch
It’s really quite simple and only requires a few ingredients – lemons, sugar and water. In order to make Strawberry Lemonade, we will also need fresh or frozen strawberries.
- Start by creating a simple syrup – combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar in a saucepan and heat it just until the sugar dissolves, then remove the mixture from heat and let it cool.
- Place the strawberries and 1 cup of water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- You’ll want to strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer to get rid of any excess solids. This is the strainer I use.
- Now all that’s left is to combine the simple syrup, lemon juice, strawberry juices and remaining water in a large pitcher.
Fresh or Frozen Strawberries –
You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries to make strawberry lemonade. If using frozen strawberries, let them defrost before blending, or you’ll just end up with a strawberry slushy.
PRO TIP: Don’t skip the step of straining the strawberries.
It might seem like a trivial step to strain the strawberry mixture through a fine mesh strainer, but it’ll make a world of difference in the final texture of the lemonade. If you don’t strain it, you’ll end up with a chunky, chewy lemonade mixture. Not so refreshing.
More Refreshing Beverages To Try
- Non Alcoholic Blood Orange Mojito
- Family Friendly Pina Colada Smoothie
- Strawberry Julius
- Orange Banana Smoothie
I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do!
Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Blender or Food Processor
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- 7 to 8 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, stems removed
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, from about 5 to 6 lemons
- Combine the sugar and 2 cups of water in a small pot and heat over medium heat. Stir until sugar is full dissolved. Set aside to let cool.
- Combine the strawberries and 1 cup of water in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids.
- Combine the strawberry juice, lemon juice and sugar water in a pitcher with a few cups of ice and stir to combine. Add in the remaining 4 to 5 cups of water, depending on your taste preference and stir.
- If desired, add slices of lemons and strawberries to the pitcher and keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: