This refreshing Blood Orange Mojito is a delicious drink to enjoy winter blood oranges. It is naturally sweetened, kids friendly and you can make it in no time.
I really love making mocktails using fresh and seasonal fruits. One of the primary reasons I prepare these drinks is to enjoy all the goodness that fresh fruits have to offer. Because I am not a fruit eater at all. I have always felt sort of an inner resistance to cutting them and eating as is….I really don’t know why! But if I get them in some sort of a drink, I can enjoy them anytime (yay!). Not just for me, I also make such drinks for our get-togethers or potlucks.
Take a look at these Festive Cranberry Mimosa, Raspberry Mojito and Family Friendly Pina Colada Smoothie. Who would be able to resist these?! I know I can’t and my guests either. Today I am gonna share with you yet another such drink prepared using fresh blood oranges. I am sure you will love it.
How to make Blood Orange Mojito!
You can make this drink in less than 10 minutes. Add orange pieces with lime and few fresh mint leaves into a serving glass. Muddle using a wooden muddler or back of the wooden spatula to release the juices. Then add a few ice cubes. Finally, add chilled any non-alcoholic clear drink–I used sparkling apple cider. Serve immediately to enjoy its freshness.
If you cannot find sparkling apple cider you can also use clear drinks like white grape juice or ginger-ale etc. And, to make it a traditional mojito cocktail or an alcoholic version you can substitute apple cider with rum in this recipe.
Tips for making perfect Blood Orange Mojito!
- Choose fresh blood oranges without any dents and spots. Use them soon enough to enjoy their freshness.
- Do not over-muddle oranges and lime. Otherwise, the peels would impart a slight bitterness to the drink. Muddle enough to release juices from the orange and lime pulp.
- Make this drink just before serving. It tastes delicious when fresh.
Wouldn’t these drinks be perfect for your New Year’s Eve party?! So fun and refreshing!
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Non Alcoholic Blood Orange Mojito
- 1 blood orange
- 1 lime
- 8 oz apple cider
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves
- ice cubes
- Cut blood orange and lime into 1/2" thick slices. Then cut each slice into quarters.
- In a mojito glass or serving glass, add 4-5 pieces of orange and lime. Then add 4-5 mint leaves.
- Muddle these pieces using a wooden muddler for few seconds. Muddle enough to release juices and flavors from the fruit, then add a few ice cubes.
- Pour chilled sparkling apple cider over the top.
- Optionally, garnish with some mint springs and limes slices. Serve immediately.
Storing may result in bitterness from orange and lime peels over time.
Leave a Reply