This lightened up Instant Pot Potato Salad is a fun and tasty side dish that’s perfect for all your potlucks and family gatherings.
If you haven’t hopped onto the Instant Pot train yet, now’s the time. The pressure cooker works double duty with this recipe, cooking both the eggs AND potatoes at the same time. It’s brilliant!
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes – makes the salad extra creamy!
- 4 large eggs
- White Vinegar – secret ingredient to give it extra boost of flavor
- Plain Greek Yogurt – for lighter dressing
- Yellow Mustard
- Purple Onion
Quick Cooking Method –
I’m telling you, cooking your potatoes and eggs in the instant pot at the same time is a total game changer!
All you need is just 4 minutes of high pressure and then a quick release!
- Make sure you dice your potatoes to a bite-size cut so that they can cook in the same amount of time as the eggs.
- Once you pull the lid off, quickly dunk your eggs into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Use a steamer basket with a handle to easily get your potatoes out of the instant pot once they’re cooked.
The Secret Ingredient That Sets This Potato Salad Apart
Similar to my Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad, there’s a key step that really takes it to the next level, and I’ve done it again with this creamy Potato Salad.
It’s White Vinegar!
Once you pull the potatoes out of the instant pot, you’ll place them in a large bowl and splash a few tablespoons of vinegar on them as they cool. The potatoes soak up the vinegar and give it a deep down, yet subtle flavor boost.
Real talk for just a minute here – if you have never made hard boiled eggs in your Instant Pot… it’s a no brainer. They cook absolutely perfectly and the egg shells come off like butter.
Check out my blog post on Deviled Eggs, where I go into more detail about how to cook eggs in the Instant Pot.
How To Assemble The Potato Salad
- Once your potatoes have cooled, add the diced onion, celery, hard boiled eggs and parsley to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour the dressing into the potato salad ingredients and gently fold until combined.
Tips and Variations –
- The flavors in the potato salad get better as it sits in the fridge for a few hours. It’s best to prepare ahead of time, to give it full time to chill.
- Try adding in diced pickles to give it more of that classic potato salad flavor.
- Yukon Gold potatoes have a really thin skin, which makes them great for not having to peel. I did peel them because I wanted the potato salad to be extra pretty, but it’s not necessary.
- If you want the dressing extra creamy, add in an extra 1/4 cup of mayo.
More Potato Salad Recipes To Try:
I can’t wait for you to give this super easy Potato Salad Recipe a try! The classic flavors are lighted up, but still so creamy and delicious!
Lightened Up Instant Pot Potato Salad
- 3 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- ¾ cup mayo
- ½ cup plain, fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- ½ cup purple onion, diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper
- Place a steamer basket in the liner of the pressure cooker and pour in 1 ½ cups of water. Add in the diced potatoes and place the eggs on top.
- Put the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the valve is in the closed position. Set to HIGH pressure for 4 minutes. Once finished, release pressure immediately. Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water to cool.
- Remove the potatoes from the pressure cooker and place in a large bowl. Splash the potatoes with the white vinegar, gently tossing to coat while the potatoes cool. Meanwhile peel the eggs and give them a coarse chop.
- In a small bowl combine the mayo, greek yogurt and mustard. Whisk together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the potatoes are cooled, add in the chopped eggs, purple onion, celery and parsley. Gently fold in the dressing and cover. Place in fridge for a few hours if time allows to let the flavors blend and deepen. Enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: