This cool and creamy Raspberry Fluff Salad Recipe is made with jello, whipped topping, fresh raspberries and a surprise ingredient that you wouldn’t expect!
If you loved my Orange Fluff Salad, this fruity variation is just another family favorite!
Raspberry Fluff Salad
This easy raspberry jello salad is a family favorite and is a little more tart than its cousin, the orange version. We love this jello salad for themed parties (hello, pink jello salad!) BBQs, and potlucks.
I always bring this to parties in a big serving bowl and it’s literally the first thing gone!
Ingredients for Raspberry Fluff Salad
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need for Raspberry Fluff Salad. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients in the printable recipe card below.
- Frozen Whipped Topping – thawed
- Raspberry Jello Mix –no need to make the jello, we’re just using the powder!
- Cottage Cheese – 4% fat, small or large curd will work
- Fresh Raspberries
- Mini Marshmallows
How To Make Raspberry Fluff Salad
This delicious fluff salad recipe could not be any easier! Be aware that you do NOT need to make the raspberry Jello! We are simply mixing the listed ingredients together. Here’s how it’s done…
MAKE THE FLUFF
Start by mixing together the thawed whipped topping and the raspberry gelatin powder together in a large bowl and stir until combined.
This makes the “raspberry fluff” portion of the jello salad, the base that the other ingredients are mixed into.
ADD REMAINING INGREDIENTS
Next, add in the cottage cheese, raspberries, and mini marshmallows and gently fold in until mixture is combined. You can enjoy right away or chill covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
PRO TIP: The flavors tend to blend better after it’s been chilled for at least 1 hour.
Can I Skip The Cottage Cheese?
Cottage cheese is one of those ingredients that people seem to love or hate. It must be the texture of the cottage cheese that gets to people?
Personally, I love the added texture the cottage cheese brings to this fruity whipped salad. But if you’re in the group that doesn’t like it, try blending the cottage cheese prior to adding it to the whipped topping mixture.
Pulse it a few times in a blender or food processor till it’s nice and smooth. Incorporating the blended cottage cheese will add extra protein and still give your raspberry fluff salad the necessary wet ingredients required.
Serving and Storage
My quick and easy Raspberry Fluff Salad is best served chilled due to the whipped topping.
Once made, it can easily be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
This recipe is great for mixing up a day in advance and chilling in the fridge.
The raspberries might give the salad a little extra moisture when it sits, so you’ll just want to stir it up again before serving.
Does It Freeze Well?
This recipe actually does pretty well in the freezer, but when it’s thawed the marshmallows might lose some of their texture.
I love using these silicone soup molds to freeze the salad and then I can pull out little bits at a time for a quick weeknight treat!
The raspberry jello salad will last up to 2 months in the freezer.
This super quick Jello Salad dessert can be customized easily! Here are some great variations to try…
- Pineapple jello mix with fresh pineapple bits.
- Strawberry jello mix with fresh strawberries.
- Try using a sugar-free jello mix to make it a little less sweet!
More Jello Fluff Salads
We love a good fluff salad! Here are a few of our favorites to try…
I hope you love this twist on a classic as much as we do. I know this jello salad recipe will become a favorite!
Raspberry Fluff Salad Recipe
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 oz package raspberry gelatin mix, just the powder
- 16 oz of 4% fat cottage cheese, small or large curd will work
- 2 cup raspberries, fresh
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Combine the thawed whipped topping and raspberry gelatin powder together in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add in the cottage cheese, raspberries and mini marshmallows and gently fold in until mixture is combined.
- You can enjoy right away or chill covered in the fridge until ready to serve. The flavors tend to blend better after it's been chilled for at least 1 hour.