This Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe is everyone’s favorite comfort food with a quick and easy makeover!
Hands down, it’s my favorite comfort food of all time! I’ve made this recipe in just one skillet, but of course, I had to make it in my Instant Pot too.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Ingredients:
- Meatballs – fresh or frozen. This is my favorite Homemade Meatball Recipe.
- Pasta Sauce – You can use any kind of pasta sauce you enjoy. I like mushroom and basil pasta sauce, more flavor with less effort.
- Spaghetti Noodles – Any kind you like, whole wheat, regular, anything. I even use penne pasta sometimes, and it works just fine.
How To Make Pressure Cooker Spaghetti
Now that you’ve gathered all the ingredients, you just layer everything in your Instant Pot, and set it to cook on high for 10 minutes.
PRO TIP: This doesn’t mean you’ll be serving dinner in 10 minutes. The Instant Pot takes some time to build pressure inside. Once the pressure has built up, it will start counting down the cook time. Not to worry though, your delicious dinner will be on the table in no time!
- Start by placing your meatballs in an even layer on the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Top with the spaghetti noodles and then drizzle with a little olive oil, to help prevent your noodles from sticking.
- Pour your favorite jar of pasta sauce over the top and then add in 3 cups of water.
Do I Stir Before Turning On Instant Pot?
NO! You’ll want to make sure you layer your ingredients exactly as described in the recipe below. If you try to stir the ingredients together you’ll end up with pasta noodles on the bottom, giving you a higher chance of having them stick and getting a burn notice.
Quick Release Or Natural Release of Pressure?
For this Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe, you’ll want to do a quick release of pressure. This will prevent your noodles from getting overcooked. Once cooking time is finished, just flip open the steam valve and wait until all the pressure is released before opening.
Give the ingredients inside a good stir and top with any parmesan cheese or fresh basil if desired!
Can I Double Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe?
Yes, you can definitely double the recipe! Just make sure you layer the ingredients properly, and you’ll probably want to make sure you’re using at least an 8 quart size pressure cooker to avoid over-filling. The pot may take a little longer to reach pressure, but still go with the 10 minute HIGH pressure and you should be golden!
Tips for Instant Pot Spaghetti Success:
- Resist the urge to stir the ingredients together after adding them to the instant pot.
- Add more flavor to the dish by using a more flavorful pasta sauce, extra Italian seasoning, or freshly minced garlic.
- Don’t stress if your pasta looks “watery” after you’ve opened it up. Give it a stir and let it sit for a minute and the liquid should absorb into a delicious sauce.
I’m sure you’re going to LOVE this quick and easy Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meatballs!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 1 lb frozen meatballs, I use homemade frozen meatballs, but frozen cooked meatballs will work too.
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, fresh basil for serving, optional
- Arrange the meatballs in Instant Pot in one layer. Break the spaghetti in half and arrange them over the meatballs.
- Drizzle the olive oil over spaghetti. Pour in the pasta sauce and water, making sure spaghetti is completely covered.
- Cover and set the Instant Pot to manual. Set the timer to 10 minutes. Quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid. Stir in cheese and basil, if using. Serve immediately and enjoy!