This Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe is a delicious traditional pasta dish, revolutionized by the convenience of the Instant Pot!
I’ve made One Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs, but of course, I had to make it in my Instant Pot too. Instant Pot Spaghetti with Meatballs is a quick and convenient twist on a classic Italian favorite.
Instant Pot Spaghetti
This dish brings together the timeless combination of tender meatballs, perfectly cooked spaghetti, and a flavorful tomato sauce, all effortlessly prepared in the versatile Instant Pot. This is a fuss-free cooking method for spaghetti and meatballs and is sure to satisfy your cravings for pasta, all while reducing cooking time and infusing delicious flavor into the noodles as they cook!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make spaghetti in a pressure cooker. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Meatballs – fresh or frozen, or you can use my Homemade Meatball Recipe.
- Pasta Sauce – Jarred, any variety.
- Uncooked Spaghetti – can use other varieties of pasta.
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan Cheese
- Basil – fresh, for garnish.
How To Make Pressure Cooker Spaghetti
I’ll walk you through the process of how to make spaghetti in an instant pot, and how to layer it correctly so you don’t get that dreaded burn notice!
Arrange the meatballs in one layer on the bottom of the Instant Pot.
Add the noodles in a layer to the pot, then drizzle the olive oil over the spaghetti.
PRO TIP: Olive oil helps prevent the noodles from sticking together as they cook!
Pour in the pasta sauce and water making sure the spaghetti is completely covered. DO NOT STIR.
Cover and set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking is done, quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid.
PRO TIP: Setting the instant pot to 10 minutes does not mean it will be on the table in 10 minutes! It needs to come to the correct temperature and seal the vent before it begins counting down. Don’t worry though, your pasta will be ready in no time!
After opening the lid, stir pasta and meatballs together in the sauce, then top with parmesan cheese and enjoy right away with fresh basil on top for garnish if desired.
Don’t stress if your pasta looks “watery” after you’ve opened it up. Give it a stir and let it sit for a few minutes and the liquid should absorb into a delicious sauce.
Do I Stir Before Turning On Instant Pot?
NO! You’ll want to make sure you layer your ingredients exactly as described in the recipe below. If you try to stir the ingredients together you’ll end up with pasta noodles on the bottom, giving you a higher chance of having them stick and getting a burn notice.
Quick Release Or Natural Release of Pressure?
For this pressure cooker spaghetti recipe, you’ll want to do a quick release of pressure. This will prevent your noodles from getting overcooked. Once cooking time is finished, just flip open the steam valve and wait until all the pressure is released before opening. Give the ingredients inside a good stir and top with any parmesan cheese or fresh basil if desired!
Can I Double Instant Pot Spaghetti Recipe?
Yes, you can definitely double the recipe! Just make sure you layer the ingredients properly, and you’ll want to make sure you’re using at least an 8 quart size pressure cooker to avoid over-filling. The pot may take a little longer to reach pressure, but still go with the 10-minute HIGH pressure and you should be golden!
Tips and Variations
- Resist the urge to stir the ingredients together after adding them to the instant pot before cooking.
- Add more flavor to the dish by using a more flavorful pasta sauce, extra Italian seasoning, or freshly minced garlic.
- Want it spicy? Add up to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes for a spicy kick!
More Easy Instant Pot Dinners
Need a few more easy dinners in the instant pot? I have a few for you to try!
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken and Rice
- Best Instant Pot Beef Stew Recipe
- Instant Pot Meatloaf Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Shrimp Boil Recipe
This super easy instant pot spaghetti with meatballs is sure to become a family favorite!
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Arrange the meatballs in Instant Pot in one layer. Break the spaghetti in half and arrange them over the meatballs.
- Drizzle the olive oil over spaghetti. Pour in the pasta sauce and water, making sure spaghetti is completely covered.
- Cover and set the Instant Pot to High pressure for 10 minutes. When cooking is done, quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid.
- Stir pasta and meatballs together in sauce, then top with parmesan cheese and enjoy right away with fresh basil on top for garnish if desired.