These Avocado Stuffed Chicken Breasts are filled with plump avocado and juicy sun dried tomatoes then seared in a skillet until golden brown and finished in the oven.
Ever since my Asparagus Stuffed Chicken and Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken, I’ve been dreaming of new and delicious ways to stuff chicken! That’s when I remembered my Avocado Egg Rolls and their delicious avocado filling… I knew that would be PERFECT inside chicken and I was totally right!
I was strolling through the grocery store when I stumbled upon the spice aisle and found these seasoning blends from McCormick. I love picking up a seasoning blend that combines my go-to spices, and this one had it all. It’s their new “All Purpose Seasoning” blend with Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Pepper and Garlic.
It also includes onion, red bell pepper, lemon peel and parsley. Pretty much everything I would have used to season this chicken, so I picked up it up to use and it’s perfect! If you can’t find the seasoning blend, don’t worry, I’ll leave the amounts of what you can substitute it with in the notes of the recipe card below.
Avocado Stuffed Chicken Breasts Filling
The filling for the chicken breasts includes diced avocado, chopped sun dried tomatoes (I recommend using the kind that are packed in oil so they’re more soft), a little cilantro and a touch of salt.
Toss it all together then stuff each chicken breast with the filling and secure it with a few toothpicks.
Heat up a large cast iron skillet with some olive oil inside and sear the chicken on each side for about 3 minutes, until they’re golden brown. Then cover with aluminum foil and finish cooking in the oven.
Let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes before uncovering and enjoying. Make sure you don’t forget to remove the toothpicks!
My avocado-loving family went BONKERS for this recipe! I even saved one for leftovers the next day and sliced it cold and served it on top of a green salad. It was amazing with my Tomatillo Ranch Dressing on top!
Serve it warm or cold, either way you’re going to LOVE it!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Avocado Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 large chicken breasts
- All Purpose Seasoning Blend, see notes
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomato strips in oil, drained and diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 to 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to slice a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Use the seasoning blend to season both sides of the chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl combine the diced avocado, sun dried tomatoes, cilantro and salt. Divide the mixture between the chicken breasts and secure the pockets closed with toothpicks if desired.
- Heat a large cast iron (or oven safe) skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan and when hot, sear the chicken on both sides for about 3 minutes, until golden brown. Cover pan with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes, until chicken reaches internal temperature of 155 degrees. Remove from oven and keep covered for 5 minutes before removing toothpicks and enjoying.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: