This No Churn Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream is super creamy and crazy easy to make!
You’re probably thinking… avocado??… in ice cream??
Since June is California Avocado Month, why not go all in and transform those gorgeous California Avocados into a creamy, out of this world, Pistachio Ice Cream!?
You know I’m a big fan of easy ice cream, so when the idea for avocado and pistachio ice cream came to mind, I had to make it a no churn recipe.
The best thing about adding avocado to a no churn recipe? It makes it even creamier!
I added a large California Avocado, a little lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk and a package of pistachio pudding mix to a blender and gave it a whirl.
This gorgeous green concoction was ready for a dip into some whipped cream before being placed in the freezer.
I’m not going to pretend that adding the avocado somehow made this ice cream less indulgent… because let’s face it, ice cream is very indulgent.
But I did feel a little better knowing that it had some good avocado fats going into it. 🙂
I also tossed in a handful of salted pistachios before pouring the mixture into the freezer.
Definitely go for the salted pistachios. It added a nice salty sweet flavor to the ice cream. I’m in heaven!
Of course the natural thing to do when you sneak avocado into ice cream is a blind taste test with your kids.
They were at the library with their dad when I was making it, so they had NO IDEA that there was any avocado in there.
The moment of truth… Success! They all LOVED it and nobody even knew that there was avocado in it. The avocado lends it’s green color and creaminess to this pistachio ice cream, while taking on the flavor of pistachio.
You’re going to love this super simple ice cream!
No Churn Avocado Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1 Large California Avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 sweetened condensed milk, 14oz. can
- 1 instant pistachio pudding mix, 3.4oz package
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shelled salted pistachios, roughly chopped
- Combine the California Avocado, sweetened condensed milk, pudding mix and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Meanwhile beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in the pistachio mixture until fully combined, then stir in the chopped pistachios.
- Pour the mixture into a freezable container (I use a 9x5" loaf pan). Freeze for at lease 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. Enjoy!
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with California Avocados. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry Possible.