These Chocolate Avocado Lava Cakes are easily prepared in the blender then baked, creating a chocolate molten lava center and tender cake surrounding it.
I made this recipe a couple years ago, but never got around to sharing it with you guys. I know it can be hard to wrap your mind around the fact that avocados can be used in desserts, but trust me, it’s delicious!
Avocados are great for subbing butter in baking recipes, and while I still used a little bit of butter in this recipe, the avocado does most of the work in keeping this delicious chocolate cake moist and silky.
The best part about this super easy (and totally romantic) dessert recipe is that it’s whipped up in the blender (or food processor), making it the perfect quick and easy dessert for any night of the week!
This recipe stems from my original Chocolate Molten Lava Cake.
Start by blending up your avocados until they’re creamy, then drizzle in some melted butter, chocolate and vanilla extract, followed by your dry ingredients.
Once you have your batter ready, pour it into some well greased ramekins. I use the 4 ounce size.
The batter will be a little thick, so use the backside of a spoon to smooth out the tops of the dishes and bake for just 10 to 12 minutes, until the tops spring back slightly when pressed.
Invert the warm chocolate cakes onto a dish and dust with powdered sugar and top with fresh berries.
How romantic is that?! Such an easy dessert and when cut into, you’re greeted with a silky chocolate center that slowly oozes out.Print
Chocolate Avocado Lava Cakes
These Chocolate Avocado Lava Cakes have a silky chocolate center and a super moist chocolate cake surrounding it. Easily made in the blender for a quick dessert that everyone will love!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- 4 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- ½ ripe, Fresh avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- Optional – powdered sugar for dusting, fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Generously coat 4 (4oz.) ramekins with non-stick spray and set on a baking sheet.
- Combine the melted chocolate, butter and avocado in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add the vanilla, eggs, egg yolk, powdered sugar and flour to the blender and pulse several times until the mixture is completely blended.
- Divide the chocolate mixture between the prepared ramekins, smooth the tops and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- While still hot, carefully invert the ramekins onto a serving plate and lift the ramekins. Dust the tops with powdered sugar and serve with fresh raspberries if desired. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4