This quick and easy Honey Sesame Chicken Stir Fry is filled with juicy chicken breast strips, tender green beans and yellow peppers in a sweet and sticky sauce.
Let’s dive right into this recipe. You’re going to love it…
How To Make Honey Sesame Chicken
- Start by sautéing some fresh green beans and yellow pepper strips in Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in a hot skillet.
- Once the veggies are cooked, transfer them to a plate and start cooking up your chicken breast strips in a little more Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and a touch of sesame oil.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and pour in the sauce ingredients until it comes to a nice simmer.
- Thicken the sauce with a cornstarch slurry and then toss in the chicken and veggies.
That’s it! So super quick and easy, you’ll be wondering why you haven’t made this recipe sooner.
Best Veggies for Stir Fry
It’s no secret that I love a good stir fry. My favorite thing about a stir fry is that you can essentially use whatever veggies you have on hand, making it a great recipe for cleaning out the produce drawer in your fridge.
For this recipe I’m using fresh green beans and yellow pepper strips, but here are some more that would work great…
- Sliced carrots
- Any color bell pepper strips
PRO TIP: Start cooking the thickest/most dense veggies first (green beans, broccoli, carrots, etc), then add in the more delicate veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini, etc) once the thicker veggies have had time to become tender.
Why I Love Land O’Lakes
It’s true, I’m in love! Not only do I love the ingredient list for this spreadable Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt (sweet cream, olive oil, salt and sea salt), but I also love the company behind it.
Did you know that Land O’Lakes is a farmer-owned company? Back in 1921, 320 dairy farmers met in St. Paul, Minnesota to form the Minnesota Cooperative Creameries Association. Fast forward to today and there are now more than 1,700 dairy farmers, still working side-by-side to make Land O’Lakes products better and better.
I’ve even had the opportunity to meet a few of these farmers and they’re just some down-right awesome people. My love for this company runs deep.
Sesame Chicken Sauce Ingredients
I can’t get enough of this sweet and sticky sauce. I added a pinch of red pepper flakes to give it just a touch of heat at the end, but if you’ve got some picky palates, you can leave that pinch out.
- Chicken Broth
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cornstarch – to thicken the sauce
What To Serve with Sesame Chicken
You’re going to love how quickly this dinner comes together! Can’t wait to hear what you think!
Honey Sesame Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size strips
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt, divided
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Combine the chicken breast strips, garlic powder, salt, black pepper and 1 tbsp cornstarch in a bowl and stir to coat. Set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick pan or wok over medium heat and add 1 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt. Toss in the green beans and stir fry, until beans are tender and slightly charred (about 5 minutes). Add in the yellow pepper strips and cook an additional 3 minutes, until tender. Transfer veggies to a plate and return wok to stove top.
- Add in another tablespoon of Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt along with 1 tsp sesame oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken breast strips on all sides, until browned and heated through. Transfer to the plate with the veggies and keep warm.
For the Sauce:
- Combine the chicken broth, honey, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and red pepper flakes (optional) in a small dish and whisk to combine.
- Return the wok to the stove top over medium heat and toss in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the sauce mixture, reserving about 2 tbsp of the sauce. Heat in the wok, until flavors have blended and sauce is simmering, about 3 minutes.
- To the leftover 2 tbsp of sauce, add in the remaining 2 tbsp cornstarch and whisk to combine. Pour into the simmering sauce and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the chicken and veggies back to the wok and stir to coat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and serve hot.