This Cilantro Chicken Stir Fry is a quick and easy dinner recipe that is filled with fresh veggies, loads of cilantro and super tender chicken.
I have said it before and I’ll say it again.
I’m in love with cilantro.
I actually think I have a problem. Every time I go to the grocery store I buy another bunch of cilantro. I’ll end up with 4 or 5 bunches of cilantro in my fridge because I have an irrational fear that one day I’ll reach in my fridge to get cilantro and I’ll be out of it.
I do the same thing with green onions.
If you’re not regularly garnishing with fresh herbs or green onions, you’re completely missing out.
It can turn a good dish into a WOW-worthy dish.
Like this chicken stir fry for instance.
There are a lot of good things going on in this stir fry.
- Tender chicken thighs
- Crisp red bell peppers
- Honey roasted peanuts
- An amazing sauce
But what really takes this stir fry over the top… cilantro.
The pop of color, the burst of fragrance.
It’s fresh, inviting, delicious.
I served this over a bed of rice with wedges of lime to squeeze over the top.
PRO TIP: Wait till just before serving to stir in the cilantro. It’s delicate and will wilt under the heat of the stir fry, so stir it in just before serving and enjoy!
The kids gave it two thumbs up!
I love how quickly it all comes together… plus I was able to use one of the 5 bunches of cilantro in my fridge. 🙂Print
Cilantro Chicken Stir Fry
This quick and easy chicken dinner is full of veggies and flavor your whole family will love.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Serve over hot cooked rice and lime wedges on the side
- Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add the peanuts, red bell pepper, garlic and ginger to the skillet, stirring and cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Meanwhile combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, sesame oil and cornstarch in a small dish and whisk to combine. Add the sauce and green onions to the skillet and cook, stirring, until the sauce thickens and coats the chicken.
- Remove chicken from heat and stir in the cilantro. Serve the chicken over hot cooked rice with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Keywords: cilantro, chicken, stir fry, sweet pepper