These Roasted Garlic Dip with Sweet Potato Wedges are a delicious game time snack!
Are you ready for a flavor bomb?
Fall is here and so is Football season. Do you watch football? We love football at our house – go Hawkeyes and go Bears! With football comes food, not just any type of food, but football food like wings, chili, and DIP.
We make so many dips during the Fall months – we love Cheesy Black Bean Dip and Zesty Refried Bean Cheese Dip amongst many others. Most are served with tortilla chips or crackers so instead of serving this Roasted Garlic Dip with chips, we decided to roast up some sweet potatoes instead.
Let me just say…best idea ever! The flavor combo is unreal.
I sprinkled a little thyme over top of the dip and sweet potatoes to add another layer of earthy flavor – the sweetness of the potatoes and the creamy garlic dip is just spot on! I roasted the garlic so it was nice and soft and sweet. Roasting garlic can be used a ton of different ways – spread it on bread, stir into marinara sauce or put it on roasted veggies…Or make this dip and go to garlic heaven!
Roasting garlic is very easy to make, but if you need some extra help, check out this tutorial for the easy step-by-step process.
I will forever be in love with this recipe. I know I made it with sweet potatoes, but you could totally use crackers or other vegetables if sweet potatoes aren’t your thing.
Or you could just eat it with a spoon. 🙂
Roasted Garlic Dip & Sweet Potato Wedges
Roasted Garlic Dip
How To Roast Whole Garlic
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove excess skin from garlic bulb and cut the top off so the garlic is exposed. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in tin foil and place a rimmed cookie sheet. Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until garlic is soft (poke with a knife or fork to test). Let cool before handling.
Roasted Garlic Dip
- Add all the ingredients, except garlic into a bowl and mix together. Once garlic has cooled, squeeze garlic out onto a cutting board and mash with a fork. Add mashed garlic to the bowl and mix. If you want to cut back on the garlic flavor, only add half of the roasted garlic.
- Place dip into an oven safe dish and bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes then turn on broiler and broil until top is lightly browned.
Sweet Potato Wedges
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Place sweet potato wedges into a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place on a rimmed cookie sheet and roast for about 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle dried and crushed rosemary over potatoes then let cool slightly and serve with roasted garlic dip.