This super Easy BLT Dip recipe is full of crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, and juicy tomatoes with a creamy and savory cream cheese base.
It happened! I combined two of our favorite things. My amazing 7 Layer Dip has a cousin, another easy dip recipe with the ingredients of a BLT sandwich, and a few extras to make it the perfect party dip!
Easy BLT Dip Recipe
What Does BLT Stand For?
BLT stands for Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato.
We’re turning the classic deli-style sandwich into an epic party dip that’s creamy and crave-able!
So naturally, those are the star ingredients in this easy party dip recipe. This easy BLT dip starts with a creamy base made with mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream, and onion soup mix. After that, the layers can be in any order you like! This dip is SO easy to customize too. You can swap out the cheddar cheese for other varieties, such as mozzarella, gouda, or another mild flavored cheese.
Ingredients needed for BLT Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream – or plain greek yogurt
- Onion Soup Mix
- Cheese – cheddar, or another mild flavored cheese
- Lettuce – iceburg or romaine lettuce work best for this recipe
- Fresh Basil – no dried spices here!
- Bacon – can be regular or thick cut, fried until crispy.
- Tomatoes – Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes work best
- Green Onions
How to Make BLT Dip
I love having a quick and easy dip recipe for parties and especially football games. This recipe is perfect when tomatoes are in season!
- COOK BACON Prepare the bacon by cooking until crunchy and brown, drain excess grease and pat dry, and then crumble or chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- MAKE CREAMY BASE Start by mixing together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise. Add in the powdered onion soup mix, and then spread into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate or 8×8 inch pan.
- LAYER INGREDIENTS Start by layering the shredded cheddar cheese, then the avocados, finely chopped lettuce, tomatoes, and crumbled bacon. Sprinkle finely chopped green onions on top for a lovely finish.
PRO TIP: Mix in some minced fresh basil to the chopped lettuce to give this dip a lovely pop of flavor!
What to serve with BLT Dip?
BLT Dip pairs perfectly with chips, baked potato wedges, pretzels, crusty bread, crostinis, or crackers. Here are a few fantastic main dishes to serve this dip with.
- Easy Baked Honey BBQ Wing
- Caramelized Onion Hamburger Recipe
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Pizza
Can you freeze 7 Layer Dip?
Freezing this dip is not recommended.
It has fresh tomatoes and lettuce in it which would turn mushy and wilt after thawing. You can however make this dip a day or two ahead and refrigerate it. Simply follow the printable recipe below and save the lettuce and diced tomatoes to put on right before serving. Easy peasy!
More Easy Dip Recipes To Try:
Need more ideas for party dips? I got you covered!
- Mexican Street Corn Dip
- Roasted Garlic Dip with Sweet Potato Wedges
- Warm Spinach Feta Cheese Dip
- Bacon Cheese Dip Party Ring
I know you’re going to love this easy dip recipe, I can’t wait for you to try it!
Easy BLT Dip
- 1 lb bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 cup lettuce, finely choppe
- 2 Tablespoons basil , finely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy, drain excess grease and pat dry. Crumble or chop into small pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and onion soup mix. Mix until smooth and creamy. Spread into a 9 inch pie dish or 8x8 inch square dish.
- On top of the cream cheese base, layer the cheddar cheese, sliced avocado, lettuce and basil, tomatoes, crumbled bacon, and green onions.
- Serve with chips, crackers, crusty bread, baked potato wedges or crostinis.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: