It’s just about that time. Time for all of us to gather around and watch two football teams go head to head! SUPER BOWL!!
I’ve said it before, but my favorite part of the Super Bowl are the commercials and the food! One thing we like here at my house are wings. And these Easy Baked Honey BBQ Wings are so delicious we just can’t get enough of them!
I’ve done fried wings before, and while I think they’re also quite delicious… I really hate pulling out my fryer. It tends to make my house smell like a burger joint and it’s kind of messy.
What I love about baked wings is that I can toss them all in the oven and walk away. I’m not babysitting a fryer. I can pop them in and go watch the game.
Now when it comes to buying the chicken wings, I like to find the fresh ones. They usually come as a whole wing, so you’ll have to segment them.
Just cut between the joints and discard the tips.
If you can’t find fresh, get the frozen kind, but make sure they’re fully defrosted before you start.
While the wings are baking you can begin to simmer your sauce.
I love a good honey bbq sauce because it’s something my whole family can enjoy. Personally I love something with a little more spice to it, but I also want my littles to be able to have some. I compromised with this sauce. There’s bbq sauce, honey and just a touch of cayenne pepper sauce.
It’s sweet and tangy with just a tickle of heat.
Once the chicken wings are baked and tossed in the sauce you can start to chow down.
BUT… I like to return them to the oven for just a few more minutes right under the broiler to caramelize the sauce on the wings.
I mean, they just have so much more appeal when they’re slightly charred and covered with that sweet and sticky sauce.
Speaking of sticky sauce…
Make sure you have lots of napkins readily available for you and your guests.
And when a spill or smear of sauce-on-the-shirt happens, which we all know will inevitably happen, be prepared with Persil PROCLEAN 2in1 Power-Liquid laundry detergent!
I’m always dealing with spills on clothing (hello 4 children), so having Persil 2in1 up my sleeve ensures clean clothes for days to come. This powerful cleaning technology is loaded with Pro-Power stain-fighters that penetrate deep into stains and leaves your clothes remarkably fresh and clean! I love that I can use it in my high efficiency washing machine and it also comes in 4 different varieties. Find out more HERE.
Make sure you have it on your dream team too. It’s a game changer!
You’re going to need it with these glorious sweet and sticky wings!Print
Easy Baked Honey BBQ Wings
These sweet and tangy Honey BBQ Wings are super simple to make and taste incredible!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 min.
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 4 lbs. chicken wings, trimmed and tips discarded
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 1/4 cup bbq sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper sauce
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and then place an oven safe cooling rack inside the baking sheet. Lightly coat the rack with non-stick spray and set it aside.
- Place the wings in a large bowl and toss them in the vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper and then place on the rack in an even layer. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- Meanwhile combine the bbq sauce, honey and cayenne pepper sauce in a small pot over medium heat. Stir and simmer the sauce until it thickens, about 10 to 15 minutes. Set 1/2 cup of the sauce aside.
- Place the cooked wings in a large bowl and pour the remaining sauce over them, tossing to coat. Place the wings back on the rack and broil them (about 4 inches from the heating element) for about 2 minutes. Remove from the oven, turn them over and brush them with the remaining sauce. Return to the oven and broil an additional 1 to 2 minutes, until the sauce caramelizes. Garnish with sliced green onions if desired and serve with ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Keywords: baked, honey, barbecue, baked, appetizer,
disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Persil. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.