This quick and tasty Cashew Chicken Stir Fry features fresh zucchini and mushrooms in a savory cashew sauce.
Whenever we make this easy chicken stir fry recipe, I serve it on a fluffy bed of rice or with Easy Cream Cheese Wontons.
Chicken Zucchini Stir Fry
This savory Asian-inspired dish combines tender pieces of succulent chicken, crunchy cashews, and vibrant zucchini, all stir-fried to perfection in a flavorful sauce.
Restaurant-quality zucchini chicken stir fry tastes just like takeout and is my favorite way to use fresh veggies like zucchini in season!
Here’s a basic list of what you’ll need for the cashew chicken stir fry and it’s yummy sauce! As always, the measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
- Soy Sauce – low sodium.
- Rice Vinegar
- Hoisin Sauce
- Brown Sugar
- Sesame Oil
- Garlic – fresh minced
- Ginger – fresh minced
For the Chicken Stir Fry:
- Chicken Breast – boneless, skinless.
- Cornstarch – thickening agent for the sauce.
- Zucchini – fresh is best, not frozen.
- Mushrooms – fresh, not canned.
- Cashews – whole, unsalted.
How To Make Chicken Stir Fry with Cashews
It’s super quick and easy to whip up this chicken stir fry. This is the BEST recipe because of the amazing sauce! I’ll walk you through the process of how to make the stir fry and sauce. step by step.
Make The Sauce
In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, sriracha, garlic, and ginger. Whisk together and set aside.
Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a zip-close bag and toss with the cornstarch so all chicken pieces are evenly coated. Set aside.
Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat with a Tablespoon of olive oil. Once it’s nice and hot, add in the sliced onion, zucchini and mushrooms.
Stir occasionally and cook until the vegetables are lightly charred and tender-crisp to the bite. Remove the veggies from the wok or frying pan to a bowl and return the wok to the stove top.
Add the rest of the oil to the wok, heat to medium high, and cook the coated chicken pieces in a single layer, turning the pieces so they’re brown and crispy. You might have to cook the chicken in batches, depending on how big your pan is. Try not to overcrowd the pan when they are cooking!
Once all of the chicken is cooked, pour in the prepared sauce and cook until the sauce thickens slightly. Toss in the veggies and cashews and stir to combine.
Once the veggies and cashews are heated through, serve over a bed of cooked rice or quinoa, and enjoy!
How long is Leftover Cashew Chicken Good For?
You can store it safely in a couple of different ways!
Refrigerate for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Freeze for up to 3 months in a freezer-safe container.
What To Serve With Chicken Stir Fry?
Our favorite way to eat this stir fry is on a fluffy bed of white rice or quinoa, but here are a few options of what to pair with it.
More Asian Chicken Recipes
You can never have enough chicken stir-fry recipes! Here are more of my favorites. Make sure to try at least one!
This Chicken stir fry with zucchini is a family favorite at our house! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Make sure to leave a comment and rating if you try it!
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
For The Sauce
For The Sauce
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
For The Chicken Stir Fry
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a zip-close bag and toss with the cornstarch so all chicken pieces are evenly coated. Set aside.
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, add in the onion, zucchini and mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are lightly charred and tender-crisp. Remove the veggies from the wok to a bowl and return wok to stove top.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok over medium-high heat and cook the coated chicken pieces in a single layer, turning each piece so they are browned and crispy. You may have to do this in batches, depending on how big your pan is. Try to not overcrowd the pan when cooking.
- Once all the chicken is cooked, pour in the prepared sauce and cook until the sauce thickens slightly. Toss in the veggies and cashews and stir to combine. Serve over rice if desired and enjoy!