This super easy Creamy Beef and Shells recipe comes together in about 20 minutes and is perfect for those busy weeknights!
I’m partnering with Land O’Lakes to show you just how easy it is to make dinner using their Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt.
Creamy Beef and Shells Recipe
We’re using ground beef and medium pasta shells to create an affordable and tasty meal that the whole family will devour. The best part? This meal comes together in just 20 minutes!
Here’s the basic list of ingredients you’ll need in order to make this Creamy Beef and Shells recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the recipe card below.
- Medium Pasta Shells – or any other small cut pasta shape
- Ground Beef – you can also substitute with ground turkey
- Red Bell Pepper
- Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- Italian Seasoning – use my homemade blend!
- Beef Broth
- Sour Cream
- Mild Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Creamy Beef and Shells
- BOIL PASTA Start by boiling your pasta shells in salted water. In about the time it takes to cook the pasta shells, your other ingredients will be cooked and ready, so definitely start the pasta cooking first!
- BROWN BEEF Cook the ground beef in a skillet with the bell pepper and onion, until the beef is cooked through. Drain any fat from the pan and return it to the heat. Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and cook until fragrant.
- MAKE ROUX Add in the Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and stir until it’s melted throughout. Then stir in the flour and cook, just one minute, until the flour is no longer visible. Gradually stir in the beef broth and mix until the sauce is thickened slightly.
- ADD PASTA SHELLS Finally, stir in the sour cream and cheese to make the sauce nice and creamy, then add in the drained pasta shells and stir to combine.
I am not kidding when I say that I ALWAYS have a tub of Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt in my fridge. It’s always ready for spreading on toast, easily scoops out for quick recipes like this one, and it’s just 3 simple ingredients: sweet cream, olive oil and salt!
The fact that it’s a farmer-owned business (for more than 100 years!) is all the more reason why I love this company. Supporting our farmers is so important to me.
If you’re looking for a delicious, quick and easy dinner using ground beef, then this is for you!
The flavor from the sweet red bell pepper, mild cheddar cheese and Italian seasoning blend together so well. I love how the little pasta shells scoop up the sauce in each and every bite.
What To Serve with Creamy Beef and Shells
Looking for the best side dishes to go with this beefy pasta recipe? Here are some of our favorites…
- Parmesan Roasted Green Beans
- Easy Sautéed Zucchini
- Garlic Breadsticks
- Cheesy Garlic Roasted Asparagus
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes
I love using ground beef for quick dinners! Here are some more fan favorites that you’ll love…
- Easy Korean Ground Beef Bowls
- Kung Pao Ground Beef
- Easy American Goulash Recipe
- Ground Beef Stuffed Pepper Skillet
I can’t wait for you to give this recipe a try! I know you’re going to love it as much as we do!
Creamy Beef and Shells Recipe
- 3 cups medium pasta shells, uncooked
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta shells according to package instructions, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat, brown ground beef, red bell pepper and onion until beef is cooked through and crumbled. Drain any fat and return pan to heat.
- Add in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir until fragrant. Stir in Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt until melted, then whisk in flour and cook about 1 minute, until flour is absorbed.
- Gradually stir in beef broth, until mixture is slightly thickened. Stir in sour cream and mild cheddar cheese until combined, then stir in pasta shells. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: