If you’re in a crunch for an easy weeknight dinner, this Last Minute Chicken Recipe is what you need!
Since chicken is one of my family’s favorite proteins, I always keep it stocked in my freezer and some fresh in my fridge too. That’s why I’m loving this Last Minute Chicken Recipe out of my friend Mary’s new cookbook, “The Weekday Lunches & Breakfasts Cookbook.” The chicken ready in about 15 minutes and goes perfectly with just about any side dish, in salads, sandwiches or just by itself!
This chicken is ready in a flash and perfectly seasoned.
Last Minute Chicken Recipe:
- Start with fresh boneless skinless chicken thighs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts would also work with this recipe!
- Combine all the seasonings in a small bowl and sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- You can cook the chicken on a grill pan, over a traditional grill or even in your oven!
- This chicken is ready in about 15 to 20 minutes!
Make Ahead Chicken Recipe
- The recipe makes 3 pounds of chicken, but if you’re just serving for a smaller family, you can scale back the amount of chicken and seasoning you use.
- Make a big batch of this chicken in the beginning of the week and use it throughout the week for easy lunches and dinners!
- Store cooked chicken in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer until ready to enjoy.
This recipe calls for paprika or smoked paprika. I love the smoky flavor that you get when you use the smoked paprika, but if you’re wanting to keep this recipe pretty basic for everyday use, I would stick with regular paprika.
One of my favorite things to do with this chicken is prep it all on Sunday night and have cooked chicken ready for easy lunches throughout the week. Mary’s cookbook is filled with amazing easy lunch recipes just like this one. From salads, to soups, skillet meals, make ahead breakfasts and even her go-to spice mixes in the back, this recipe book has what you need to streamline your week!
Easy Side Dishes To Pair With This Chicken Recipe:
- Garlic Parmesan Rice
- Parmesan Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans
- Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Get started with this easy chicken recipe, then grab her new cookbook and get excited!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Last Minute Chicken Recipe
This Last Minute Chicken Recipe is the perfect way to get dinner on the table in a hurry! Recipe from The Weekday Lunches and Breakfasts Cookbook by Mary Younkin
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika OR smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Combine the garlic, onion, paprika, oregano, pepper and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle half the spices over the chicken. Turn the chicken pieces over and sprinkle the remaining spices over them. Rub the spices into the chicken, if needed, to coat well.
Grill Pan Directions:
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat. Drizzle with the olive oil. Place half the chicken in the grill pan, making sure there is a gap between the pieces. Cook the chicken without touching it for 5 minutes. Flip the pieces over and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until they’re cooked through. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Place an oven rack 6 inches from the top of the oven. Put a wire rack over a large baking tray and arrange the chicken on the wire rack. Place the chicken in the oven and broil for 6 minutes. Remove the chicken from the oven, turn each piece of chicken over, and then broil for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Let the cooked chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle the pieces with cilantro, if desired.
Recipe can be made with chicken breasts as well. Simply watch the cooking time and adjust as needed. Chicken breasts will cook faster than thighs, depending on their thickness.
Keywords: Chicken Recipe, Grilled Chicken
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: