This Loaded Broccoli Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole is the perfect side dish recipe for any occasion!
I’m so pumped to be sharing another fun recipe in partnership with Bob Evans this holiday season featuring their Original Mashed Potatoes!
I’ve kicked up the classic mashed potato side dish to a loaded Broccoli Cheese version and it’ll blow your mind.
My kids go absolutely bonkers for Bob Evans mashed potatoes and so do I.
They’re so creamy because they’re made with real milk and butter for a homemade taste that’ll knock your socks off.
Loaded Broccoli Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole
- Start by combining some chopped up broccoli florets, Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes, shredded cheese and some seasonings in a bowl.
- Spread the mixture in a casserole dish and then bake until heated through.
- Meanwhile crisp up some bacon for the top of the casserole.
One of my favorite things about this dish is that the prep work is minimal.
Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole Tips:
- Make this dish even easier with pre-chopped broccoli and pre-shredded cheese!
- Not a fan of broccoli? No problem, omit the broccoli if desired or substitute with your favorite veggie!
- There is no need to preheat the mashed potatoes before baking, but if you did, the casserole would require less time in the oven.
This Loaded Broccoli Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole was inspired by my Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken. I love the flavors of broccoli and cheese together, so I thought why not add a some veggies to my mashed potatoes?
The combination of the two is stellar! It’s like a loaded baked potato with broccoli and cheese on top. YUM!
Plus it’s a great way to sneak some veggies into dinner for the kiddos!
You’re going to love this super simple casserole side dish!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Loaded Broccoli Cheese Mashed Potato Casserole
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Mashed Potatoes
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 bacon
- 2 tbsp diced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the finely chopped broccoli in a microwave safe dish and add ¼ cup water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 1 minute. Drain water and discard plastic wrap. Add the mashed potatoes, 2 cups shredded cheese, salt, garlic powder and pepper to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish that’s been lightly coated with non-stick spray. Smooth out the top of the potatoes and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the center is hot.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon until crisp and then crumble into small pieces.
- Remove potatoes from oven, top with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese, crumbled bacon and diced green onions. Return to oven for another 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Let sit for a few minutes before enjoying.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Bob Evans. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE:
I don’t buy containers of mashed potatoes… how many potatoes would I use instead? Thank you!☺️
You would need about 40oz of mashed potatoes to make this recipe, or about 5 to 6 cups.
The recipe states 2 mashed potatoes…..2 what? Thanks! Oh and ps, made your ground beef pepper skillet the other night and it was amazing!!!!!
Is it 2 containers of the mashed potatoes? And I didn’t think you could put plastic wrap in the microwave? Is there a special kind?
Yes, two containers of the mashed potatoes are used here. And I’ve never had a problem with plastic wrap in the microwave?
You can put plastic wrap in there, just not for too long… it will shrivel…. No tin foil…nothing metal…
can this be made the day before and put in fridge and then bake day of ?
My family ABSOLUTELY LOVES this dish! The ease of it makes it one of my favorite quick meals! Thanks for sharing!!!
Awesome! So Glad you enjoyed the recipe.
Can this be reheated? I would like to try out with just my husband and I and will likely have leftovers.
gmail login mail
Thank you for sharing the recipe! It looks so yum!!
I too would like to use homemade mashed potatoes for this recipe. Am wondering, since I’ve never even seen the Bob Evans ones, is there sour cream in them?
I would like to make this casserole, as it sounds delicious! However, I’m not buying mashed potatoes. So how many cups, etc., of your own mashed potatoes would you use for 2 24 oz. containers of bought mashed potatoes???
I love to use the Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes to make this recipe even quicker, but if you’re using homemade I would say that 5 to 6 cups of mashed potatoes would do the trick!
I need to make these as soon as possible!
Hope you enjoy it!