This Loaded Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe will seriously knock your socks off! It’s filled to the brim with fresh broccoli, carrots, BACON and cheese!
If you’re looking for more creamy soups, check out my Loaded Baked Potato Soup too.
I’ve always been a fan of soup, but when it’s bulked up with all the delicious things, well, I love it even more!
Loaded Broccoli Cheese Soup
I basically took my Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe and switched a few things around to make this Loaded Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe. And boy let me tell you, it’s magnificent!
Here’s a basic list of the ingredients you’ll need in order to make this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe. As always, you can find the full list of ingredients located in the printable recipe card below.
- Carrots – matchstick carrots work best
- Broccoli – fresh or frozen
- All Purpose Flour
- Chicken Broth – low sodium
- Cheddar Cheese – mild cheddar
- Sour Cream
How To Make Broccoli Cheese Soup
This soup starts out with bacon, lots and lots of bacon! I believe most broccoli and cheese soups are vegetarian, but this one is not.
If you’re looking for a vegetarian method, just omit the bacon and use vegetable stock instead of the chicken stock.
More Classic Soup Recipes
Craving more soup? I’ve got you covered with these classic recipes.
Trust me when I say that you’re going to LOVE this recipe! It will become your new go-to broccoli cheese soup!
HELPFUL PRODUCTS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Make sure you don’t miss a thing! Follow I Wash You Dry here:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN
Loaded Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook the bacon in a large dutch oven or pot until crisp, remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain and then chop. Reserve 1 tbsp bacon drippings in the pan and discard the rest.
- To the pan add the butter and let it melt over medium heat. Toss in the garlic, onion, carrots and celery and saute until tender about 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle in the flour and stir, until the mixture is clumpy (about 1 to 2 minutes).
- Gradually whisk in the milk, half and half and chicken stock, stirring constantly. Add the broccoli, salt, garlic salt and black pepper, then bring mixture to a small boil. Cover and let cook for at least 7 to 8 minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream and add the chopped bacon back to the pot. Serve warm.
PIN IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE!
This soup is amazing!! Seconds and thirds were asked for !! I used Colby jack cheese cause that’s what I had and instead of cream I used half milk half oatmilk!!! Even my dairy farmer husband had no idea!!
Nice! I’m so glad you guys enjoyed it!
I love all of you recipes. I do wish that you would include the nutrition information.
Do you feel this would work well in a crockpot?
I think what you could do is make it on the stove top through step two, then add the remainder of the ingredients to the slow cooker. Except I wouldn’t add the broccoli until about 10 to 20 minutes before you are going to eat. Hope that helps!