This buttery Garlic Herb Rice Pilaf Recipe is fluffy, full of flavor and ready in just 20 minutes.
I’m teaming up with Land O’Lakes to share this amazing and quick rice recipe that’s bursting with flavor. It’s seriously SO easy, you’ll be shocked!
Garlic Herb Rice Recipe
This buttery side of rice is just a handful of ingredients and only takes about 20 minutes to make from scratch.
Let’s get going! Here’s what you’ll need…
Garlic Herb Rice Pilaf Ingredients –
- Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- Jasmine Rice – a long grain variety of white rice
- Garlic Salt
- Dried Rosemary
- Dried Thyme
- Dried Parsley
- Chicken Broth – you could also use vegetable broth or water if you’re in a pinch
How To Cook Rice (the best way)
Over the years I’ve learned a few tricks to make the BEST rice.
It’s really quite easy as long as you follow these simple steps…
- RINSE THE RICE – when working with Jasmine rice you need to rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer under cool water until the water runs clear. This will remove any excess starches in the rice, and help your rice have a nice fluffy texture as opposed to a sticky, gummy texture.
- TOAST RICE & SPICES – to bring out the most flavor and best texture in the rice, toast the rice and any herbs or spices in butter and oil (Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt is great for this!) before adding in the liquid.
- USE BROTH – using broth in place of water will add so much more flavor to the rice.
- BOIL THEN SIMMER – one of the biggest mistakes people make when cooking rice is to not bring the mixture to a BOIL before reducing the heat to a simmer and covering. Bringing it to a boil first will ensure your rice cooks quickly and efficiently.
Why I Use Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
I’m sure by now you know my love of Land O’Lakes.
If you’re new here, let me count the ways…
- Quality ingredients you can taste
- Convenient tub makes it easy to use
- Spreads nicely right from the fridge
- Perfect for sautéing veggies, meats and RICE!
This rice pilaf is fluffy, buttery and flavorful! It’s the perfect addition to any meal.
What To Serve With Rice Pilaf
This gorgeous side dish is perfect alongside just about anything, but to me, the rosemary and thyme really shine when paired with chicken, turkey or fish.
- Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breast
- Quick Shrimp Scampi
- Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Grilled Skirt Steak Recipe
More Rice Recipes To Try
- Easy Vegetable Rice Pilaf
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Garlic Parmesan Rice
- Easy Shrimp Fried Rice
- Wild Rice & Mushroom Pilaf
You’re going to love this light and fluffy aromatic rice pilaf!
Garlic Herb Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 2 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Rinse the Jasmine rice thoroughly in a fine-mesh strainer under cool water until the water runs clear.
- Heat the Land O Lakes® Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt over medium heat until melted and then add in the rinsed and drained rice. Add in the garlic salt, thyme, rosemary and parsley and toast in pan about 2 minutes, until aromatic and rice is lightly toasted.
- Add in chicken broth and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, stir and cover with lid. Let cook until rice has absorbed liquid, about 15 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
The Everyday Cookbook
Top Favorite Recipes from I Wash You Dry now available in a hard-cover, spiral-bound book that’s gorgeous and perfect for everyday use.BUY IT NOW
Disclaimer – this post is in partnership with Land O’Lakes. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make I Wash You Dry possible.
PIN THIS IMAGE TO SAVE THE RECIPE: